Clementine???

Lately I have fallen in love with the name [name]Clementine[/name]. I’m expecting a girl in [name]September[/name]. My husband likes it least of all the names I’ve proposed… my older children are also not thrilled “It’s a fruit!” they tell me. To me it is a beautiful virtue name meaning ‘merciful, gentle, kind’. It also just sounds so sweet… Anyway, is it too wierd? The song is not a turn off for me. Other names I’m considering: [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Viola[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Oriana[/name], [name]Luciana[/name]…

I love the name [name]Clementine[/name]…nicknames [name]Cleo[/name] or [name]Minnie[/name]! I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]!

I would vote against Clementime, however, that is because in 3rd grade I had a choir teacher who made us sing that song over and over and over again. If I was choosing from your list I would choose [name]Luciana[/name]. But to be honest, in the end you have to go with the name that you like, despite what I or anyone else say about it! If you love it, fight for it!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clementine[/name], too, and you’ll find that it’s a favorite on nameberry. I think it’s so sweet and feminine. :slight_smile:

Of your other choices, I love [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Viola[/name], and [name]Felicity[/name]. (If you were listing [name]Jude[/name] as a boys’ name, I think it’s great on a boy…)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

not a fan of [name]Clementine[/name], but I love [name]Francesca[/name] : )

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]–it’s my daughter’s middle name. I thought of giving it to her as her first name but my husband was really pushing for the name we ended up giving her (which I love too!) so to the middle it went. Like someone else said, if you love it, that’s that. [name]Just[/name] because it’s your husband’s leave favorite of the names you’ve proposed, does that mean that he dislikes it?

Unfortunately I cannot get the song out of my head. I wish the song was never written because it is a beautiful name.

Thanks so much for all of your input. I especially like the nickname suggestions. I hadn’t thought of [name]Cleo[/name] or [name]Minnie[/name]… I had thought maybe Lemen as a NN. My hubby is afraid the nickname would be [name]Clemmie[/name] (which I don’t like either!). Any other ideas for cool nicknames?

I think it depends, what are your other childrens’ names? I think kids names have to flow. My mother in law has 4 kids. Three of which have very Italian, simple names, the last ones name is made up and kind of kooky.

Older sibs are: [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Cassie[/name] ([name]Cassandra[/name]), and [name]Matthew[/name]. Our last name is 3 syllable, Italian- but my kids all look Irish- like me. Thought it would be good adding another ‘C’ name.

I love the name [name]Clementine[/name]! It’s extremely cute, and becoming more mainstream – so I doubt the child will be picked on for having a “weird” name.

I’m not sure it’s a total style match for your other children’s names - but it’s not so far off that it’s a problem if you really love it!