Cloe.

If I use [name]Cloe[/name], will people assume it’s [name]Chloe[/name]?
I want it to be pronounced like [name]Clove[/name] without the v sound.
BUT I don’t want people to think i’m being unique by spelling [name]Chloe[/name] differently!
Any suggestions? Thanks!

I honestly thought that it was a typo of [name]Chloe[/name], and that’s how I pronounced it in my mind before I read your post.

With [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name] using long e sounds at the end, I’d spell [name]Clo[/name] without the e to get your desired pronunciation.

Have you thought about using [name]Clover[/name], with [name]Clo[/name] as a nickname? (Maybe [name]Cleo[/name], nickname [name]Clo[/name], would also work…)

Good luck!

Sorry to say, I also thought you’d be asking about a different spelling of [name]Chloe[/name]…
[name]Cloe[/name] is cute, but to me its all nn…

It seems to already be a variant of [name]Chloe[/name]. I don’t think [name]Cloe[/name] pronounced [name]Clo[/name] is a name. [name]Clover[/name] is a name, [name]Chloe[/name] is a name, even [name]Chloris[/name] is still a name even if people say it (and other -oris names) is yucky now. [name]Clo/name would be a nickname for either, which isn’t all that great by itself. It’s a little strange and if you spell it without the h it looks like you spelled it wrong or are trying to get cute, where it also ends up looking like you misspelled a couple other words/names, like close or [name]Cleo[/name], or [name]Cole[/name], or clue. Sometimes getting “original” means a basket of other problems you weren’t asking for.

I’m sorry, I have to agree with the previous posters. I pronounced it like [name]Chloe[/name] when I was reading the post.

I thought you were going for [name]Chloe[/name] as well when I first read the post [name]Clo[/name] could be a cute nn for a few different names…
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Clotilde[/name]
[name]Clotilda[/name]
[name]Clove[/name]
[name]Clora[/name]
[name]Clarion[/name]

People would think it was a yooneek spelling of [name]Chloe[/name], I’m afraid. I say, pick a Cl__ name, and then nickname her [name]Clo[/name]. [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Clover[/name] are the nicest suggested so far, I think.

Alternatively, [name]Cleo[/name] as a nn for [name]Cleopatra[/name] is lovely.

Good luck!

Yes, I thought it was intended to be pronounced [name]Chloe[/name] and that it was just spelled incorrectly. I advise against naming her [name]Cloe[/name]. This will create so much confusion all of her life. Keep trying! Actually, I like [name]Chloe[/name]. Why not name her [name]Chloe[/name]?

Best wishes to you and your family!