Clover... Your thoughts?

A few years ago I would’ve thought [name]Clover[/name] as a name was a bit much. My naming style has since changed a little, and [name]Clover[/name] is starting to grow on me (no pun intended). [name]How[/name] do you feel about it? What would you imagine a little girl / woman named [name]Clover[/name] to be like? [name]Do[/name] you think it could age decently on a girl/woman? Etc? Thank you!

[name]Love[/name] it. It would be one of our top names, except that our son’s name starts with a C as well and don’t really want them to be so matchy. But I think it’s a great name, and she can easily become [name]Clove[/name] later in life if she prefers.

[name]Clover[/name] isn’t the wost name out there, but it’s not my style. It’s has a strong association from the novel Animal Farm for me (the horse was named [name]Clover[/name]) and [name]Clove[/name] makes me think of garlic. But if it’s your style of name, then go for it.

I’d see a [name]Clover[/name] as a bit of a free spirit, likes to be active and play outside. As she grew older she grew more independent, still retaining her free spirit. I think it’s a harder name to age well with, but it’s not impossible.
[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

• [name]Athena[/name]

I was wondering about that too - possible names she could go by if she ended up not wanting to use [name]Clover[/name] as she matures. [name]Clo[/name] as a nickname comes to mind, followed by [name]Chloe[/name] - or is that too much of a stretch? (I understand that’s not exaaactly a nickname).

I can’t imagine this on anyone in real life except [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]'s character in The Good [name]Shepherd[/name] (which obviously isn’t real life) but she’s sort of stuck in a childish state or is at least treated that way which she seems to resent and it’s probably part of why I can’t imagine it on a grown up. I think it’s better off on a pet rabbit or kitten.

I think [name]Chloe[/name] works, should she chose later in life.

In my experience, people in real life that have unusual names love their names… it tends to be the people with average names that end up resenting their names. [name]Just[/name] my experience among my friends and family though-- I’m sure it’s different in every part of the world, and to each his own! I feel like [name]Clover[/name] is accessible enough (easy to pronounce, easy to spell, easy to recognize), without being so common that there would be 3 other Clovers in her class at school. So I think it’s a perfect balance.

I like it when I read it but can’t see it on a baby. Not yet anyway. Something sounds too youthful or something…not sure what it is. I don’t think it’s far off from my daughters name though…so maybe I just need to meet one.

I love it. Granted, a friend did have a rabbit called [name]Clover[/name] when I was a kid, but that doesn’t put me off at all, in fact it endears me to it. I would imagine a [name]Clover[/name] to be sweet natured, gentle and a free spirit.

I also really like both [name]Clover[/name] and [name]Clove[/name], but also have trouble imagining them on grown women. I think [name]Clover[/name] would be great if she was an artsy type, but [name]Clove[/name] would work better in a corporate environment, if that helps.

I think it’s great, very refreshing! [name]Clove[/name] for more of a tomboy, [name]Chloe[/name] for a girly-girl? I could see it on a grown woman who is very happy youthful, someone you envy because they never seem to age, in a good way.

I like it. It’s way way better than [name]Juniper[/name], which most berries seem to love but I think is atrocious

For nicknames, I like [name]Clove[/name] or [name]Clo[/name]

I actually adore it! Well I adore [name]Clove[/name] moreso than [name]Clover[/name] for some reason, but both are great. [name]Clove[/name] just sounds better to me and feels more like a name to me? I don’t know it just does. As others have suggested you could always use [name]Clove[/name] as a nickname for [name]Clover[/name] though.

I really love the name [name]Clover[/name] but I can’t imagine it on a child. :frowning:

I love it, I think it’d be fine age-wise too :slight_smile: