Clover

What are thoughts on this name? Its out there, I’ll admit, but it’s growing on me! Its a name for a flower, it’s got Irish vibes (our ancestery), its green (my fave color!), it means “lucky” (how lucky I would be to have a 4th and 2nd girl!) AND it has [name]LOVE[/name] in the name (cLOVEr:)).

Is it just to wierd? To much a pets name? Could you get away with this one, what with all the use of nature names nowadays ([name]Sage[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], etc)?

Does it flow with [name]Annabel[/name] at all?

Personally I think it makes a better pet name, I remember in “The Good [name]Shepherd[/name]” this is what they called [name]Angeline[/name] Jolies character, I cant see it on an adult outside of a character.

I think its cute, but I also think its better suited for a pet. [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Clover[/name] are so different, I personally don’t think it flows too well; I see [name]Annabel[/name] as a more classic feminine name, while [name]Clover[/name] is more bold and clever. I do think, however, that [name]Clove[/name] or Clova or Clovia would make pretty good alternatives if you like that clever and spunky vibe.

It’s cute for a pet or a young fictional character, but I can’t really imagine it on an adult in real life. It goes with [name]Annabel[/name] fine though, not a great flow, but it’s still pretty quirky.

I like the image of [name]Clover[/name], quirky and clever. I don’t think [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Clover[/name] go well. They’re different in style, but still they are not terrible. I think it’s fine and if you love it, you should definitely go for it. Good luck.:slight_smile:

I love [name]Clover[/name] as well. It sounds very Irish and quirky but I don’t think it goes that well with [name]Annabel[/name]. I would love to add it to my list as well but I am not sure it flows that well with my names either. I don’t think names have to match that much though, its really up to you if they do or not :slight_smile:

I think [name]Clover[/name] is very cute! I love cutesy type names though. If you aren’t sure I think it would be a great pet name for [name]Chloe[/name]. I think it goes with [name]Annabel[/name] just fine.

Well I like it a lot! I named my daughter [name]Maple[/name] though so I have a soft spot for uncommon nature names

I don’t think [name]Clover[/name] is really usable in the first name spot, but I think it would make a sweet and quirky middle name.

I agree that maybe it could be used as a middle name but it’s hard to pull off as a first name. It does strike me as a pet name.

I say go for it. [name]Clover[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] don’t sound bad to me at all. I think it’s good to avoid too matchy-matchy names, like [name]Clover[/name] and [name]Honey[/name], but when the girls are adults this will not matter. They won’t always live at home or have your last name (possibly). But you can also get to [name]Clover[/name] from [name]Clodagh[/name] or a Cl__ and Ve__ name like [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Vera[/name]. And [name]Clover[/name] isn’t any weirder than [name]Willow[/name] or [name]River[/name].

[name]Clover[/name] is NMS, but it’s not bad by any means.
[name]Clover[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] as sisters seems a bit mismatched to me. I would expect an [name]Annabel[/name] to have sisters called [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Chloe[/name], etc. - names that are fairly common and popular, while I would expect [name]Clover[/name]'s sisters to be called [name]Wren[/name], [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Lark[/name], [name]Cassia[/name], etc. - names that are a little more daring and out there.