Considering George

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! Wanting input and possibly ideas for our third baby, a boy, due in [name_u]August[/name_u]. Siblings are [name_f]Millie[/name_f] ([name_f]Amelia[/name_f], but always called [name_f]Millie[/name_f]) and [name_m]Walter[/name_m]. We like older, classic names, and obviously want something that would pair well with siblings. (Our last name is very popular Hispanic surname beginning with P and ending with Z, by the way.)

Would love feedback on our list so far!

Full names we’re considering:

-[name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] P_ (Currently my husband’s favorite. Also, we don’t discuss baby names with the kids, but they actually suggested the name [name_m]George[/name_m]- we’re big fans of It’s a Wonderful Life, so I’m assuming that’s where it came from, although it was my grandpa’s name.)

-[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] P_

• [name_m]Martin[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] P_
  • [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] P_
  • [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] P_
  • [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] P_
  • [name_m]Martin[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] P_
  • [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m] P_
  • [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] P_
  • [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m] P_

Notes on the names:

• [name_m]Martin[/name_m]: A great uncle (never met), but I would probably pick this name if it was just up to me. It’s well known but rarely used, and seems soft and strong at the same time. [name_u]Love[/name_u].
  • [name_m]Henry[/name_m]: Husband and I both [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the nicknames [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and [name_m]Hank[/name_m], but I worry about [name_m]Henry[/name_m]'s popularity, so unlikely for a first name
  • [name_u]August[/name_u]: Cute, old name, and he’ll be an [name_u]August[/name_u] baby
  • [name_m]Graham[/name_m]: I adore this, but husband does not.)
  • [name_m]George[/name_m]: As I said, was my grandpa’s name, and we love [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] from IAWL
  • [name_m]Edward[/name_m]: Vaguely family name, but just seemed to fit nicely. Hate the nicknames [name_m]Ed[/name_m] and [name_m]Eddie[/name_m], though.
  • [name_m]Edmond[/name_m]: Also an underused name, but I worry about the nicknames, and the formality of it.

I like the name [name_m]George[/name_m]! My favorite combos are [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m], and [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m].

[name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I like [name_m]George[/name_m] with your other kids names. (I also like [name_m]Martin[/name_m] and [name_m]Graham[/name_m], but if your husband isn’t on board then it is a non-starter). If you don’t like the nickname [name_m]Ed[/name_m], I wouldn’t go with [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] or [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. I like [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] the best. [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] is nice too, but for some reason I think [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] flows better than the other way around.

[name_m]George[/name_m] is such a goodie! I like [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] because it modernizes the classic quality of [name_m]George[/name_m] a bit while still being super handsome.

I love [name_m]George[/name_m]!! [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is great!

We considered using [name_m]George[/name_m] as a first name for our fourth baby, but we felt it made our sibset too royal. Also, [name_m]George[/name_m] would have been our only child without a nickname, which is maybe something you want to consider, if your [name_m]Walter[/name_m] goes by [name_m]Walt[/name_m]?

We also ruled out [name_m]Henry[/name_m] because of its popularity. :frowning:

We considered [name_m]Edward[/name_m] or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], and, like you, we dislike [name_m]Eddie[/name_m]/[name_m]Ed[/name_m]. We would have called him [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]/Ted. (We decided against [name_m]Edward[/name_m]/[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] because we would have had 3 out of 4 kids with E names).

Good luck deciding! :slight_smile:

[name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is such a handsome choice. Also love [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]!

• [name_m]Martin[/name_m]: Is your husband on board with [name_m]Martin[/name_m]? If so, it goes well with [name_m]Walter[/name_m].
  • [name_m]Henry[/name_m]: [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is super popular, but [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and [name_m]Hank[/name_m] are less so. If you would call him by a nickname almost exclusively, I think you could get away with this in the first spot.
  • [name_u]August[/name_u]: I like [name_u]August[/name_u] a lot!
  • [name_m]Graham[/name_m]: If husband doesn’t like this, I would cut.
  • [name_m]George[/name_m]: Probably my favorite option for you.
  • [name_m]Edward[/name_m]: If you hate [name_m]Ed[/name_m] and [name_m]Eddie[/name_m], I would definitely cut this. Unless you like [name_m]Ned[/name_m] or Ted?
  • [name_m]Edmond[/name_m]: Same as above.

I would go for [name_m]George[/name_m] or [name_u]August[/name_u]. Maybe [name_m]Martin[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

I love [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]! [name_u]August[/name_u] really softens [name_m]George[/name_m] and brings out its friendly vibe. And I’m a big fan of IAWL, too :slight_smile:

I love [name_m]George[/name_m]. Your whole list is great. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is a favorite of mine. I love your description of [name_m]Martin[/name_m], soft and strong, so true! For your family I like [name_m]George[/name_m] the most as it’s meaningful to you. And how fun the kids suggested it, a funny and sweet coincidence. [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is probably my favorite combo you have listed… Though I’d love [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m] to be an option. Good luck!!