Cool nicknames for Jameson!!

[name]Hi[/name], so I’d like to know what nicknames you guys can think of for [name]Jameson[/name] that are not the obvious [name]James[/name] or [name]Jay[/name] and are not too out there. I’m the kind of person who likes a longer formal name and a cute fun nn to go with it and I love [name]Jameson[/name] but it def. Needs a nn in my opinion…thanks in advance for any suggestions!

[name]How[/name] about…
[name]Jamie[/name]
[name]Jem[/name]
or [name]Sonny[/name]?
[name]Mason[/name] could work, but that’s really stretching it. Depending on his middle name, you could call him JD, JC, etc. I think my favorite nickname for [name]Jameson[/name] would be [name]Jem[/name].

I love [name]Jameson[/name]! The nn I would use is [name]Jamie[/name], but I like the suggestion of [name]Jem[/name], too. I kind of like the occasional nickname of JJ or something, but initials nns are ones I would kind of like to avoid as a whole, so I wouldn’t usually aim for that, haha. I think [name]Jameson[/name] nn [name]Jamie[/name] is really cute, though.

Good luck!

Would [name]Sonny[/name] be too outlandish for you? :slight_smile:

I was going to suggest the same as other people [name]Jem[/name].

[name]Jim[/name], [name]Jimmy[/name], [name]Jack[/name] haven’t been suggested yet. [name]Jack[/name]'s more familiar as a nn for [name]John[/name] but I’ve known Jameses who go by [name]Jack[/name].

I like [name]Jimmy[/name]!!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I think of [name]Jem[/name] as kind of feminine sounding, I actually never knew that it was a nn for [name]James[/name] until I came on nameberry. I kind of like it but never heard anyone use it before. Is it more of a British nn or a contemporary one? I live in New [name]York[/name]. Also, I feel like I may gravitate towards calling him [name]Jamie[/name] but I feel the name is dated…wdyt?

I feel like [name]Jamie[/name] is rather dated on a girl but at least somewhat fresher on a boy. [name]Jem[/name] - I get it, b/c of gems / [name]Gemma[/name], but, I dunno, I think it works. I’ve been rereading To Kill a Mockingbird lately, the little boy there is [name]Jem[/name], short for [name]Jeremy[/name] though. In southern accents (including my own), [name]Jem[/name] and [name]Jim[/name] are nearly indistinguishable, so that makes it seem more masculine to me. I don’t know where it’s more widely used but [name]Britain[/name] seems plausible…and maybe the US South in the past?

Good luck!

I agree with @jesba that [name]Jamie[/name] might be dated for a girl, but feels really fresh for a boy right now! Although it might just be my associations to the name. I read this series of books a few years ago that was an allegory of the story of [name]Jacob[/name], [name]Leah[/name], and [name]Rachel[/name] from the Bible… and the “modern-day [name]Jacob[/name]” was this awesome Scottish man living in the 1700s named [name]Jamie[/name] McKie. He was so cool, haha, and I grew to love the name [name]Jamie[/name] on a boy because of him. I would love to meet a little boy with the name.

Good luck!

I do think, though I have no stats at the moment to back it up, that [name]Jamie[/name] as a male nn is more common in [name]Britain[/name]. Actor [name]Jamie[/name] [name]Bell[/name] is 25 or 26, and I see the name fairly often in books with Scottish settings. I prefer it for boys, myself. Good luck!

[name]Mason[/name]. [name]Mace[/name]. [name]Ace[/name]. [name]Jay[/name]. [name]Jace[/name].

What about Eson? I knew someone named Eason (long ee sound) and I like it. I think it’s really wearable. But you lose the J completely then.