Cooper

The name of the week for us is [name]Cooper[/name]. It’s a family name for my partner. If we name the baby [name]Cooper[/name], we plan to call him [name]Cooper[/name]. Potential first names to go with [name]Cooper[/name] are: [name]George[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] ([name]George[/name] is my deceased grandfather’s name), [name]Edward[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] ([name]Edward[/name] is a family name on both sides), and [name]Daniel[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] ([name]Daniel[/name] is my deceased uncle’s name). We’re hyphenating our last names, and both last names have two syllables. Which combination do you like best?

edward cooper is my favourite

I’ll pretend that the hyphenated last name is [name]Mason[/name]-[name]Reynolds[/name] (I have no idea where I got that…) :slight_smile:

[name]George[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] [name]Mason[/name]-[name]Reynolds[/name]: I don’t personally think that the flow or sound of this combo (I love the name [name]George[/name], though) is the best on your list, but being one syllable, [name]George[/name] single handedly prevents every name from being two syllables long.

[name]Edward[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] [name]Mason[/name]-[name]Reynolds[/name]: With every name being two syllables long, the flow and sound don’t sound right to me. I think that the first name needs to be either shorter or longer than [name]Cooper[/name].

[name]Daniel[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] [name]Mason[/name]-[name]Reynolds[/name]: Ditto.

While [name]Edward[/name] is one of my all-time favorite names, I’m going to go with the [name]George[/name] combo, because it’s the only one with a variety of syllables.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Or none of the above with [name]Cooper[/name]?

Or one of the above without [name]Cooper[/name]? Maybe [name]Cooper[/name] is too trendy?

From the names you have listed I like [name]Edward[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]. [name]Cooper[/name] is not popular here in my area of [name]California[/name] unlike [name]Conner[/name] that is. Are there any one syllable names that you like with [name]Cooper[/name] besides [name]George[/name] ( I do think it is nice)

[name]Just[/name] ideas of the top of my head -

[name]Dane[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Cale[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] - double C ???
[name]Hyde[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Hoyt[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Gage[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]James[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Lane[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Noel[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Reid[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Wade[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]

I love the first names you’ve suggested, and because I personally prefer them to [name]Cooper[/name], I’d personally find another middle name that isn’t two syllables long. If you prefer [name]Cooper[/name] to the other names, I think you can easily find another first name (not two syllables) to replace one of the first names you’ve listed.

Are you considering any other family names? (By the way, I think your family names are fantastic!) :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I like [name]Copper[/name] a lot, but if he’s got a hyphenated last name, that means his name will be three surnames in a row. Could end up sounding like a [name]Law[/name] office.