Cora with my last name

Right now, our top name if this baby is a girl is [name]Cora[/name]. My husband and I both love it. Our only concern about it is how it works with our last name. I know it’s hard to judge when you don’t know the exact last name, but it’s three syllables, beginning with Car, stress on the middle syllable, and ending with ee. Like car-BLANK-ee (but it’s not that). Questions:

1. Does [name]Cora[/name] car-BLANK-ee sound okay?
  2. A lot of times our last name gets misprounced as care-uh-BLANK-ee or car-uh-BLANK-ee. I’m not sure I like how [name]Cora[/name] sounds with the last name pronounced in those ways, but should I even worry about how it sounds when the last name is mispronounced?

Thanks for your help!

Well, it is hard to judge without knowing the last name. I’d say that if you and your husband both love the name [name]Cora[/name], definitely go with it. Alliteration can be charming, I think. Also, keep in mind that with a girl’s name, it’s likely (not for sure, but likely), that her last name will change in the future anyway. Go with [name]Cora[/name] if you really like it!! It’s such a sweet name.

If it’s [name]Cora[/name] Car-/-ee, I don’t think there’s a problem. If the first syllable was [name]COR[/name] not CAR, then it would be a little too repetitive. I think in this case, it’s a charming case, a little sing-songy, but not in a terrible way. I tried the middle syllable as BONE and LOT and [name]ELL[/name]. I think if the middle syllable has another R sound in it besides the one in ‘CAR’, especially if that rhymes with OR, I would steer away from it, it’s kind of a lot. If the middle syllable, like BLANK, BONE, LOT, and [name]ELL[/name], has no R or OR sound, it will be fine and actually cute. Alliterative names are fun to say and easy for people to remember.

I think it may be a little close given what you have told us. But then, i’m not really a fan of alliteration so maybe i am discriminating on that basis x

I don’t think its too much of a clash. Because your last name is 3 syllables and [name]Cora[/name] is only two I think it works fine. [name]Cora[/name] Carpenter as an example sounds nice. I have a friend with alliteration in her first and last name, and everyone always calls her by her full name (first and last). You may want to consider that, she may be one of those people that others can only call by their full name, not a bad thing, but just something to consider, she may not generally be called just [name]Cora[/name]. Overall tho I think the name [name]Cora[/name] is lovely and ages nicely.

First of all, [name]Cora[/name] is a lovely name, and [name]Cora[/name] Car[blank]y sounds great! I love this kind of alliteration! Please go for it!

What middle name?