Coraline

I’m intrigued by this name. I saw a preview for the movie and just bought the book, because it looked so good!

What do you think?! Is this simply something an author made up?

Very pretty. A nice alternative to [name]Caroline[/name], if you want something a little more unique. I’ve heard of [name]Coralee[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name], but don’t know any Coralines.

I wonder how this is said, [name]Cora[/name]-LEEN or [name]Cora[/name]-[name]LINE[/name]? Anyone? I like it in theory but always seem to say cora-leen first. For that reason, I generally prefer [name]Coralie[/name] (cora-lee). And I think [name]Coraline[/name] is going to be mistaken for [name]Caroline[/name] somewhat often. If that doesn’t bother you, then I see nothing else wrong with it. :slight_smile:

It is [name]Cora[/name]-[name]LINE[/name] in the movie. I have never seen it or heard it before that. I like it, and love [name]Cora[/name] as a nickname, but I would be a bit worried that people would see it as [name]Caroline[/name] mispelled or mispronounced.

If it were [name]Cora[/name]-leen, you could get away with it, but it’s just too close to [name]Caroline[/name]. I definitely prefer [name]Coralie[/name].

Yep, cora-[name]LINE[/name] is defintiely going to be mixed up or misheard as caroline at least once a day. I’d stick with [name]Coralie[/name], or simply lovely [name]Cora[/name] and leave [name]Coraline[/name] in the movies.