Corbett or Atalus.....

Hello Berries, I am due in [name]April[/name] and we do not know the sex yet. For girls names we have many options but boys names we just cannot find anything we both like. So I was looking at my family tree and found these names [name]Corbett[/name] and Atalus WTYT?

Names I like
[name]Basil[/name] nn [name]Baze[/name]
Hollander/ Hollister nn [name]Holly[/name]
[name]Hendrix[/name]
[name]Tennessee[/name]

Names he liked
Nine
Sire
[name]Holly[/name]- with no formal name which I do not like
[name]Indi[/name]- I like it for a girl but not for a boy at all

Names on our last boys list that have gone stale:
[name]Stetson[/name]
[name]Zephyr[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Killian[/name]
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]Matisse[/name]

Any suggestions will help Thank you.

Are you in a rock band?

I really like [name]Indigo[/name] as a boys name, so your husband would get his [name]Indi[/name], but the child would have a proper name(and it sounds cool too, so he’ll probably like it when he gets a little older).

[name]Hi[/name]!

I like some of your names, but others I’m just not crazy about. First off, I like [name]Corbett[/name]. It sounds cool and I like it more than [name]Corbin[/name]. I don’t like Atalus though. To me it just looks like a misspelled version of [name]Atlas[/name] and I don’t know if I’m pronouncing it right, but I find it very unappealing when said aloud. Sorry!

Of the names you like I agree on [name]Basil[/name] (so sweet), [name]Hendrix[/name] (awesome) and [name]Tennessee[/name] (very rugged cowboy). Hollander is ok, though I’m not big on the nn [name]Holly[/name] for a boy. But [name]DO[/name] NOT name your kid Hollister! That’s a clothing brand and it was the first thing that came to mind when I read that name! And I don’t think anyone would get over that association.

Of the names he liked I really don’t like Nine (a number? really?) or Sire (ugh no). [name]Holly[/name] is cute but totally a girl’s name. I love [name]Indi[/name]! You could use [name]Indigo[/name], [name]Indiana[/name] or [name]Indio[/name]!

[name]Just[/name] some names that kind of go with the feel I got from your list:
[name]Blaze[/name]
[name]Jagger[/name]
[name]Les[/name]
[name]Lou[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Gunnar[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that sort of helps.
[name]Hana[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! First of all, I just want to say that I really like your style. Very cool. Between [name]Corbett[/name] and Atalus, I prefer [name]Corbett[/name]. I like the way [name]Corbett[/name] sounds, and I don’t think there would be a lot of pronunciation/spelling issues. Atalus is a name I’ve never seen before, and I’m not quite sure how to pronounce it, I do kind of like the way it looks, though… maybe you’d like the name [name]Atlas[/name]?

[name]Basil[/name]: I love [name]Basil[/name], I think its so sweet! Are you pronouncing it [name]Bay[/name]-zil? I also like it pronounced Bah-zil, (short a sound like in cat) with nickname [name]Baz[/name].
Hollander/Hollister: Hollander is interesting, I’ve never heard it before. I think it could be cool on the right kid. I love Hollister, but I don’t think I could ever use it because of the clothing store/brand. But if that doesn’t phase you, then go for it!
[name]Hendrix[/name]: [name]Hendrix[/name] is cool.
[name]Tennessee[/name]: [name]Tennessee[/name] could be so awesome! I like this alot!

Nine: I’ve never been a fan of number names, so I can’t say this is really my favorite.
Sire: I’m not fond of the way this sounds.
[name]Holly[/name]: I definately think he would be mistaken for a girl, but if his full name was Hollander or Hollister I don’t think it would be a problem.
[name]Indi[/name]- I prefer it spelled [name]Indy[/name], but I actually really like this on a boy! Especially as a nickname for [name]Indiana[/name].

[name]Stetson[/name]: Surnamey, but kind of cool.
[name]Zephyr[/name]: I just can’t get into this.
[name]River[/name]: Always been a favorite of mine, good choice!
[name]Killian[/name]: Very cute, familiar but not popular.
[name]Rio[/name]: Ditto [name]Zephyr[/name].
Matsise: Looks like a misspelling of [name]Maisie[/name] to me, not a fan.

Suggestions:
[name]Corbin[/name]
[name]Atlas[/name]
[name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Marley[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Indiana[/name]
[name]Ziggy[/name]
[name]Jett[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Algernon[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Raleigh[/name]
[name]Crawford[/name]
[name]Ashby[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name]
[name]Sloan[/name]
[name]Fielding[/name]
[name]Sylvester[/name] (maybe nickname [name]Sly[/name]?)
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Drury[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]McCoy[/name]
[name]Jagger[/name]
[name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Simpson[/name]
[name]Whit[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Brighton[/name]
[name]Kit[/name]
[name]Ike[/name]
[name]Thor[/name]
[name]Marcellus[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]/ [name]Thad[/name]
[name]Lex[/name]
[name]Hart[/name]
[name]Pembroke[/name]
[name]Dewitt[/name]
[name]Berkeley[/name]/Burkeley/ [name]Burke[/name]
[name]Rafe[/name]

(Sorry if those weren’t what you were looking for!)

I think [name]Corbett[/name] is a pretty cool name. I like it. It’s different without sounding completely out there. It spelled like it sounds so there won’t be too much confusion, which I think is a good thing for a kid.

I’m not sure how to pronounce Atalus. If the way I say it is correct, I’m not a big fan of it, I’m sorry. It just isn’t my personal style. It also looks strange to me written, like a mispelled [name]Atlas[/name]. That would be a name possibility as well, again though no my style, but it might be for you.

From your other names on your list, I like [name]Hendrix[/name] and [name]Tennessee[/name]. [name]Hendrix[/name] just rocks as a name and [name]Jimmy[/name] Hendrex. And I really like the sound of [name]Tennessee[/name], but I think only a few people would be able to pull it off and you have to take your last name into concideration. Hollander is okay, not my favorite, but a decent name I think. I personally wouldn’t use Hollister because of the clothing brand company. I’m also not a huge fan of [name]Holly[/name] as a nick name for a boy. But it is on both of your lists, so it would be a good choice for the two of you. Again, [name]Basil[/name] is just not my style.

As for his list, I only really like [name]Indi[/name]. I’d prefer a fuller name like [name]Indiana[/name], but again, that’s just me. I already voiced my opinion on [name]Holly[/name]. And his other names just don’t appeal to me at all.

From your “stale” list, I really like [name]Killian[/name].

Great minds think alike! I already mentioned [name]Indigo[/name] nn [name]Indi[/name] and DH did not like it. Thanx for the input.

Hello [name]Hana[/name], I am glad u like [name]Corbett[/name] I was afraid it sounded too much like corvette. I agree Atalus looks like a misspelled [name]Atlas[/name] and sounds too frilly. We had [name]Tennessee[/name] on our list for our son but we didnt choose it cuz we did not like the nn Ten and [name]Tenny[/name]. I would never name my kid a number i just wanted to include it s everyone knows what I’m dealing w DH. I dont want to give my son a name that will hold him back from being a contributing member of society. For example I am only really see [name]Indy[/name] as a surfer or a juvenile delinquent. I tried to talk DH into [name]Indiana[/name] or [name]Indigo[/name] nn [name]Indi[/name] but no go. Thank you for reminding me that Hollister is a clothing brand.

Dear Mayflower,
Your post was very helpful. I like basil nn baz ( i misspelled in on my first post) pronounced [name]BAZ[/name] el. Also I misspelled [name]Matisse[/name]. Many of the names on your list were on ours so thanx for reminding me of them!

Suggestions:
[name]Atlas[/name]- DH said no
[name]Hollis[/name]- dh hates but i really like
[name]Indiana[/name]- I have a gf with this name so its a girls name for me
[name]Jett[/name]- like but not the ‘one’
[name]Atticus[/name]- i love but its a lil too hipster in my area
[name]Sterling[/name]- i like
[name]Jagger[/name]- I like this one but feel its a celebrity baby name
[name]Hayes[/name]- i forgot about this one
[name]Jasper[/name]- a friend has already used this name boo
[name]Thor[/name]- cute I will have to see what DH says
[name]Lex[/name]- dh says its a girls name
[name]Hart[/name]- was on my sons list will have to revisit

Thank you for pointing out that Atalus looks like a misspelled [name]Atlas[/name], I agree. I will have to revisit [name]Killian[/name] as it has been an old favorite of mine.