Coretta?

Having just celebrated Dr. [name]Martin[/name] [name]Luther[/name] [name]King[/name], [name]Jr[/name]. [name]Day[/name] in the USA, I was reading articles on his life and work when I came across his wifes name: [name]Coretta[/name].

I’m not sure that I ever knew her name before. I’ve been thinking about her name the past few days, and think I really like it. It fits that I love [name]Cosette[/name], [name]Colette[/name], and the [name]Cora[/name]- names. [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] show that it is a form of [name]Cora[/name].

I’m not planning on using this name for this daughter, but think it’s very unusual and beautiful, as well as having a great association! What do you think?

[name]Coretta[/name] immediately makes me think of [name]Coretta[/name] [name]Scott[/name] [name]King[/name] - always has, and likely always will. I think it is a cool mix of vintage [name]Cora[/name] and quirky [name]Etta[/name], and I like that about it, but - though the association is a great one - I think it is too strong for me, personally, to ever use the name…

It is a very strong association, since it’s an uncommon name and [name]Coretta[/name] [name]Scott[/name] [name]King[/name] is such an icon.
But it’s a positive association and the name is fabulous! (and you can’t get better nn’s than [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Etta[/name] - to have both options from one name is pretty amazing)

I love it!