Cosette?

What are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]? Obviously, its very [name_u]Les[/name_u] Mis and yes i’m aware it means “little thing” :slight_smile:

We are considering it for baby, big siblings are [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] nn [name_m]Eli[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f].

Does [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] work with them? What nicknames would you give to her? I like that both of my children have “nicknames” that they can also use as full names. The only one I could come up with for [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] is [name_f]Etta[/name_f], and i’m wondering if thats too “unusual”

Would love any input!

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name… [name_f]Etta[/name_f] is cute!

Very cute and I love [name_f]Etta[/name_f]!

It’s precious but also spunky. I think it’s one of those “names a little girl would love having” (I’m thinking of the title of this list), but my concern would be how well it ages. Then again, I associate [name_f]Colette[/name_f] with the novelist and can picture it on an older woman, and there’s only a difference of one letter, so maybe it’s a non-issue. I also don’t like that it’s so closely tied to a single character, like [name_f]Eponine[/name_f] (which I love otherwise) or [name_f]Satine[/name_f]. I’d probably only use [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] or something else. As for nicknames, “Cosy” is out since it rhymes with [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. You could do “[name_f]Zettie[/name_f]” or even “[name_f]Coco[/name_f].”

[name_f]Cosette[/name_f] is gorgeous - one of my favorites. The primary nickname that I associate with it is Cozi, but, as pp mentioned, it rhymes with [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. I love the name [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]! But it does make [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] a little tougher, since you are looking for a nn to go with the siblings.

Yes, [name_f]Etta[/name_f] is a little more unique, but I think it could work. The previous suggestion of [name_f]Coco[/name_f] is also very cute.

What are you thinking for a middle name? Something like [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] [name_f]Raine[/name_f] could become [name_f]Cora[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Cosette[/name_f], but if none of these nicknames are a good match, what about [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f]? One of my friends has this name, and goes by [name_f]Berna[/name_f].

Good luck!

I love [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] haha I’m a theater kid
I like nicknames [name_f]Etta[/name_f]/[name_f]Ettie[/name_f], [name_f]Coco[/name_f], Setta (ZEH-tah), Cosie
Not so much like her siblings’ names but I think it works!

[name_f]Cosette[/name_f] is beautiful & goes well with the siblings’ names. I don’t care for nicknames, but [name_f]Coco[/name_f] would work.

I love [name_f]Cosette[/name_f]! I have it on my list too, though as a middle (for [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]). [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] nn [name_f]Etta[/name_f] would be darling. I also like Cozy/Cosy or [name_f]Coco[/name_f]. :slight_smile: