Cowboy or comfortable

I need ideas! We are in the process of adopting our 3rd child from [name]China[/name] and need help with his name. Our first two biological boys are named [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Rex[/name]. We love the cowboy and comfortable names, but just can’t find one that feels right. I love the name [name]Shepherd[/name] (call him [name]Shep[/name]), but with our last name, it just won’t work. Same for the name [name]Sawyer[/name]. Any suggestions for names that would have a similar feel as the names mentioned ([name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Rex[/name], [name]Shepherd[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name])? Thanks for your help!

Congrats to you! I’m surprised that there are so many boys to adopt from [name]China[/name]. I’ve only read about the unwanted and abandoned girls. Very few boys are given up by their parents due to the one child policy so you’re very fortunate. Here are some suggestions.
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Rex[/name] and brother…
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Lorne[/name]
[name]Clint[/name]
[name]Dillon[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Tyson[/name]
[name]Brice[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Earle[/name]
[name]Troy[/name]
[name]Lloyd[/name]
[name]Garrison[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Vaughan[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]
[name]Maynard[/name]
[name]Burl[/name]
[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Harlan[/name]
[name]Tanner[/name]
[name]Mason[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Vance[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Merritt[/name]
[name]Virgil[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Luther[/name]
[name]Bishop[/name]
[name]Deacon[/name]
[name]Tucker[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Van[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Carter[/name]

This was already suggested… but [name]Nathan[/name] is a great name! Goes well with your other boys as well. The [name]Nathan[/name] I know is extremely layed back and has always aspired to be a cowboy! :wink: Also, [name]Luke[/name] is a great option as well.

I think [name]Tanner[/name] and [name]Tate[/name] are great fits. I also like [name]Colton[/name] and [name]Levi[/name] for the laid back/cowboy type feel.

[name]Cole[/name] is the first name that came to mind and also love the suggestion of [name]Lorne[/name].

My votes:
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Rex[/name], [name]Cole[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Rex[/name], [name]Lorne[/name]

Good luck!

Congratulations!

I also love comfy names, and while I would describe my style as more “down-home” than “cowboy” - there’s a huge overlap between the two styles. I really like [name]Shep[/name] - too bad it doesn’t fit with your last name.

What about:

[name]Mack[/name]
[name]Moe[/name]
[name]Ike[/name]
[name]Levi[/name] (suggested already)
[name]Dock[/name]
[name]Gus[/name]
[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Zeb[/name] (could be for [name]Zebediah[/name])
[name]Zeke[/name] (could be for [name]Ezekiel[/name])
[name]Jed[/name] (could be for [name]Jedidiah[/name])
[name]Jeb[/name] (could be for [name]Jebediah[/name])
[name]Cy[/name] ([name]Cyrus[/name])
[name]Si[/name] ([name]Silas[/name])
[name]Ty[/name] ([name]Tyler[/name], [name]Tyson[/name], [name]Tyrone[/name]…)
[name]Roy[/name] (good name, very underrated)
[name]Ray[/name]

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Keep them coming! I will pass them along to my husband and we will take a good slow look over them. Some mentioned are on a running list, so maybe that is a sign. We also like [name]Beau[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]. Thoughts? Thanks again!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Beau[/name] with [name]Wyatt[/name] and [name]Rex[/name]!!! I also like [name]Blake[/name], [name]Cooper[/name] “[name]Coop[/name]”, [name]Toby[/name], and [name]Tyson[/name] “[name]Ty[/name]”. Congrats!!!

[name]Beau[/name]! My favorite boy name!

[name]Love[/name] the suggestion of [name]Cooper[/name] “[name]Coop[/name]” with your boys! So laid back and casual - yet it seems preppy at the same time (don’t know if thats what you’re looking for or not…but hey! thats what i see!)

There is also (sorry for any repeats)
Manton
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name] “[name]Kit[/name]”
[name]Eddy[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name] “[name]Hawk[/name]”
[name]Jett[/name]
[name]Tripp[/name] (would be fitting, as he would be your 3rd boy ie triple)
[name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Booker[/name]
[name]Crawford[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Penn[/name]
[name]Nash[/name] - [name]Wyatt[/name], [name]Rex[/name] & [name]Nash[/name]. [name]Ah[/name]-mazing!
[name]Wilkie[/name]

[name]Jac[/name] :slight_smile:

I have a [name]Hudson[/name], and this it’s very “cowboy” sounding. I also [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Sawyer[/name] (odd pronunciation problem though between me and DH…), and our [name]Hudson[/name]'s middle name is [name]Levi[/name]. [name]Cash[/name] maybe?

duke!

Its sooooooooooooooo cool

[name]Dawson[/name]
[name]Hart[/name]
[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Fisher[/name]