Create a family (but it's got a twist)

Trentino “ Tino “ Mario [left] and Daniele “ Dan ” Vincenzo [right] Perri (23) are twins who know the group, with Dan being the final member of the group and Adam’s roomie. Dan is assigned the Jack Russell Terrier, for his energetic and supportive nature and because he’s the eldest member and Jack Russell terriers live relatively long lives. Adam and Dan are pretty different, Dan is older than the rest due to taking community college before university. Dan has often been the type to struggle with school early on, always taking summer school while his brother was in arts and entertainment camps. The group supports Dan however and knows he’s not a “stupid person” just for going to college later, motivating him to enjoy who he is and his potential. Dan clicks best with Adam since he’s not his oldest friend and appreciates how Adam’s older friend is great with self-expression and tattoos. Dan is also a fan of sweets like Lilith and loves fruity desserts, his fave fruits ironically being lemon and peach. He and Sapphire are also close with their cultures and like to learn about each others’ - Dan and Tino are originally from San Marino. Dan is often talking to Adam the most especially since he can relate to taking risks in a love life and because of the complicated broken-up love life his twin had. Dan himself is crushing on someone and is fearing how it will go.

Tino is not in the group and the other members don’t mind him, after all they too have siblings that aren’t part of their group. He has said he supports Sapphire and Adam together even though Adam is a group member. Although only being 7 minutes older than Dan, Tino is at a mostly-different place in his life than Dan due to being a college graduate and having a full-time job. He currently works as a publicist for various famous people in the arts, helping popularise their careers and painting them in the best light. Growing up, he studied a lot of the arts, specifically dance and music, and when he was 17, he attended a summer camp all summer long for those who were talented in dance and/or music. There, he met Gaia who was a professional ballerina and he fell for her and the two dated at camp. He helped her break away from her “mean streak” and made her happy to get to interact with people while motivating her not to leave ballet over her past reputation. While they were very closely dating, they never actually called each other “boyfriend and girlfriend” or said they were in love. So after camp ended, the two of them returned to normal lives in their cities and while they still communicated on text and social media, Gaia was starting to fall for a different boy, a rugby player at her school. Tino tried to save their relationship and Gaia did feel bad for leading him on, but he had no chance against a guy who lived much closer to Gaia, went to the same school as her, and was her age. Gaia’s new boyfriend often gave Gaia hugs and liked to make her refreshing iced teas and lattes, which angered Tino because that’s what he did to Gaia all summer. This really made him dejected and he worried maybe she wasn’t a nice redeemed person after all. At first he just gave up contacting her but then decided to try to work this out in a friendly manner because Gaia and her boyfriend never truly bullied him. The year Gaia was accepted into a massive ballet school, she and her boyfriend split and Dan asked Tino if he’d make a move on Gaia again. He declined, saying he has no interest in being a rebound date. He and Gaia were less close but later started to bond as friends again when he was 22 and she was 20. He attended all her dance recitals and even anonymously sent her flowers and a poem right before a recital. However what he didn’t know was Gaia and her boyfriend were back together! They had only temporarily split and Tino thought they were not back together since Gaia never posted anything about them on social media, but really that was because Gaia was always busy and had very little down time. Recently, he and Gaia had a conversation and ended up hanging around a pier at sunset, which made him think of camp life all over again. Truthfully Gaia was only hanging out with him because she knew he was a publicist and thought he was trying to publicise her career better. However after their time that evening, he asked her out for another chance at a relationship and he was awkwardly rejected. Not only was Gaia taken, but she was expecting a baby girl with her boyfriend! Tino walked away in shame, but Gaia said, “Wait! Don’t leave! I’m sorry! I just have a very strong relationship and a daughter on the way and I don’t want to ruin that.” He stopped for a moment to hear her out but then Gaia unintentionally twisted the knife by saying “He sent me a sweet poem and flowers last year and didn’t even want credit. At that moment I knew we were meant to be back together,” which made Tino leave again, storming off this time because she thought her boyfriend was the one who sent that.

Tino and Dan are usually pretty close but now they’re in some turmoil. Tino grumbled, “I’m such an idiot. I wanted to send her flowers and write her a poem but I was too shy and made the choice to send them anonymously. Now she thinks her boyfriend did it and my stupid blunder got them back together and with a soon-to-be baby.” Dan replied, “Okay wow, stop calling yourself an idiot. You are not the one who had to go through summer school and community college just to attend university. I’ll admit, I was hoping she’d take you back. But don’t worry, you don’t have it that bad, man. You get to be a publicist. Can’t you just be happy for them?” “I’m trying to because I know there’s no way back. It would be different if I never had a chance. But I feel I keep having a chance and losing it over and over until it slowly diminished completely. Maybe choosing not to make a move when you asked me was my first falter but I’m just not the rebound type and I didn’t want to ruin ourselves like that. I never told her about the flowers and the poem, it’s far too late to confess. Decided not to be her publicist, it’s too painful for me and at least I’m not the kind of ex to be using my job against her. Aren’t you happy you’re finally in a good university?” Tino asked and Dan responded, “Yeah, but not without so much work. I burn the midnight oil just to get up to this level. I have stuff I never tell people, like I never told my friends I went to summer school every summer because they’d tease me. I never felt like I had real friends until I joined this group I’m in. I always felt stupid and wondered if there was something wrong with me. I never had a learning disability so I truly believed I was just this hopeless inept individual. It’s a terrible feeling. It just sucks because there’s people who don’t learn anything and get by thinking they’re more educated than they are. Then there’s me who’s just trying to get more and more educated so I don’t end up failing at life.” While the two of them often clashed for having problems the other one couldn’t relate to, they are recently taking different paths. Tino is taking his publicism to artsy people who care about their intellect and how the arts influences education. Dan is going on to a date with someone despite how risky this can be — Sapphire’s genderfluid sister.

Gaia was created by @lemon_swirlxx.

4 Likes