'Creatively' naming after Craig

[name_m]Hi[/name_m],
I am currently pregnant with a boy, and we want to name him after my father [name_m]Craig[/name_m]. However, we really don’t like the name on a little boy, even as a middle, so we are looking for other names that we could use as a middle (first will be a classic name, probably [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_u]William[/name_u], or Oliver) that would honour [name_m]Craig[/name_m]. This could be in sound/look/feel or in meaning or any other way. It can be a bit far-fetched, as long as the connection is there and ‘logical’ when explained. :wink:

Thanks a lot!

From the sound or look:
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] / [name_m]Greg[/name_m]
[name_m]Creighton[/name_m]
[name_m]Crane[/name_m] / [name_m]Crain[/name_m] / [name_m]Craine[/name_m]

From the meaning:
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]

1 Like

Congratulations on your son!

I really like the name [name_m]Cairn[/name_m], and I think it’s a good option for your requirements. It’s a Scottish nature name referring to traditional man-made mounds of rocks that are dotted around the Scottish countryside. Here’s a cairn for reference :point_down:

It has the Scottish origin and rock-related meaning to connect it to [name_m]Craig[/name_m], plus it shares a lot of the same sounds but has a fresher, more stylish feel.

I love it with all of your first name options, especially [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_m]Cairn[/name_m] and [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Cairn[/name_m]. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Cairn[/name_m] is also handsome but the K/C sounds run into each other just a bit.

3 Likes

i think crew, cade, or chase would be cute :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Since Craig’s meaning is related to rocks, you could use a name like [name_u]Rocky[/name_u] or [name_m]Rockwell[/name_m].

2 Likes

[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] “Greg”, [name_m]Kane[/name_m], [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], Crane/Crain/Crayne, [name_m]Crew[/name_m], [name_m]Creighton[/name_m], [name_m]Cormag[/name_m], [name_u]Corrigan[/name_u]

1 Like

Cliff!! Starts with the same letter and shares a meaning and number of letters. Plus its cute!

1 Like

Along the same vein, [name_u]Calder[/name_u] means rocky water and it is a cool name I like a lot, and I love love [name_u]Callen[/name_u] and [name_m]Carrick[/name_m] which are both gaelic for rock. [name_m]Caledon[/name_m] is irish for rocky pIace too. think you have a lot of lovely options!

3 Likes

[name_m]Clay[/name_m]?

Crayden
[name_u]Cai[/name_u]

1 Like

How about [name_m]Knox[/name_m] or [name_u]Winslow[/name_u]? The former means ‘round hill’ and the latter means ‘hill belonging to Wine’ (I assume you know that [name_m]Craig[/name_m] means ‘rocky hill’).

I think something like [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_u]Winslow[/name_u], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Knox[/name_m] or [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Knox[/name_m] would be fantastic! I also like the suggestion of [name_m]Rockwell[/name_m].

1 Like

What about using something else from your Dad’s life? The name of the street or town he grew up on, his favorite place to vacation, or even a word from his hobbies or profession?

Obviously these are all highly personal, but I’m imagining a good name in there somewhere.

1 Like