Crosby for a Girl?

What do you think of [name]Crosby[/name] for a girl? My husband and I agreed that he could name this baby, since I named our son. Our son’s name is [name]Easton[/name]. Any thoughts on [name]Crosby[/name]? My husband loves the name and wants to use it for a boy or a girl.

My immediate comment is that here is a great lesson: NEVER agree to let a man name anything, let alone a baby :slight_smile:

That said, I actually really like [name]Crosby[/name] for a boy!

For a girl, it’s not my cup of tea, but I don’t think it’s terrible. I just think it’s a bit masculine, and there are so many beautiful girls’ names out there. I do think it could make a cool middle name for a girl, though, and could be somewhat of a conversation starter.

The important thing is, what do you think? No matter what your prior agreement, at the end of the day you should both be thrilled with your child’s name - don’t settle for less.

Thanks for the advise. I think in the end if I really hated a name, he would not choose it, so I am not too worried. I keep going back an forth with [name]Crosby[/name], sometimes I love it and sometimes I’m not so sure. Maybe if we pair it with a really feminine middle name? I do like the idea of using it as a middle name, it would be a great story for her when she is older.

I think [name]Violet[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] would be a great name.

What types of names do you like? Maybe you can start gathering some combos.

I like unique names, but I don’t want to go to far out there. I really want to use a family name for the middle name. We have good ones or a boy, but are a little iffy on the family names we have for a girl. Most of them end in a Y, and I don’t know if I like them with [name]Crosby[/name]. Here are some of them, not sure I am really a fan of any of the combos, what do you think:
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
JCrosby [name]Jetta[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]August[/name]

I agree that none of those names sound good as middle names with [name]Crosby[/name] first.

I actually really do like the sound of [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Crosby[/name], though, even despite having the same endings (though [name]Crosby[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] sounds terrible).

I think it depends on your last name, but I think that could work.

Not sure how you feel about [name]Dorothy[/name] as a first name?

Alternatively, you could honor [name]Kathleen[/name] with [name]Kate[/name].
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Kate[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] both have a nice ring.

I actually like the idea of [name]Kate[/name] for the middle name, the only issue is that our last name starts with K, so it might be too many k sounds. I like the idea of using it as a middle name, and then calling her by it instead of her first name. [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] is cute too. Thanks for the ideas :slight_smile:

I don’t want to burst any bubbles here but I’m not a fan, sorry! First I think The Cosby Show then I think [name]Crosby[/name], Stills and [name]Nash[/name] and then, for some strange reason I think of [name]Colby[/name], the cheese.

I wouldn’t put it on a little girl because I don’t see it as feminine pretty or Tomboy charm. I can see it as a mn for a boy though…

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

Some middles with [name]Crosby[/name]:

[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (a bit B heavy, though)
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] (super popular, though)
[name]Crosby[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I can already see a trend that this girl would be correcting people constantly that her name is [name]Crosby[/name] and not Cosby. My mom had the same reaction. “Like the Cosby show” she said. I thought it was just her. I guess not. I will have to have a heart to heart with the hubby about this one.