Curious...what would you think of the name Bane for a boy?

I know it’s a comic tied name to a villian, but I know that there are crazy names out there that go way beyond this one.

I’m just curious what the response would be to meeting a little boy named Bane…or [name]Bayne[/name] either way.

Thoughts?

The “bane of my existence/life” jokes would turn out to be the bane of his existence/life.

“You’re the Bane of my existence.”
I say no. Similar names [name]Zane[/name], [name]Lane[/name], [name]Wayne[/name], [name]Dane[/name], and [name]Dwayne[/name] all work, but Bane and [name]Cane[/name]/[name]Cain[/name] are two that just don’t work for me.

[name]Fane[/name] and [name]Thane[/name], too. I think [name]Cain[/name] works fine if you don’t mind the associations. And [name]Jane[/name] for a girl!

all I think of is the villan Bane from Batman, which I do not like the character. So it taints the name for me.

My first thought was the Batman villain, and my second thought was the phrase “the bane of my existence.”

It would be an absolutely terrible name to give to a child. In my mind it would be along the same lines as naming a child Mistake - “This child is the bane of my life. I didn’t want him.”

The Batman character is interesting and compelling as a character, but not so much as a namesake.

It sounds pretty, but i agree w previous comments of the context/connotation the name gives off. Better to go w dane or zane!

“Bane of my existence” is the first thing I thought of too. Not great.

I’m in the “bane of my existence” crowd- it was the first thing that crossed my mind

Same here. It does have a great sound but definitely bad connotations.

This! The exact fist thing i thought of as well.

Other than that joke, i do see where you are going with him. He sounds very masculine, and follows recent trends. You may like
[name]Kane[/name]
[name]Brody[/name]
[name]Wayne[/name]
[name]Quade[/name]
[name]Dane[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Cade[/name]
[name]Bowen[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]
[name]Zander[/name]
[name]Blaine[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]/[name]Blaze[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]

xo [name]Viv[/name]

Bane of my existence. Also wolfsbane, the plant, though I don’t know why. [name]Zane[/name], [name]Blaine[/name], and [name]Wolf[/name] would be better. [name]Even[/name] [name]Bain[/name] with this spelling would be a little better. But Bane gets a no from me.

You know something, I know a boy named Bane. His name is Bane [name]Corwin[/name]. He seems to really like his name, but I do agree with the others that “bane of my existence” is probably something he hears at school sometimes. I agree with the other suggestions that sound like Bane.

I like the name, but I would worry about what others are saying people will think of. Could get bullied over it. [name]Don[/name]'t want that.

Bane is kind of cool. I like it.

I agree. There are lots of similar-sounding names that would work much better ([name]Zane[/name], [name]Blaine[/name], [name]Shane[/name], [name]Kane[/name], [name]Dane[/name], [name]Lane[/name]… even [name]Boone[/name]. I think [name]Boone[/name] is a great alternative, actually–sounds similar and means “blessing” rather than “curse” or whatever.). That, and the science building at my university was called the Boehm Building (said like BAME), so I keep hearing Boehm instead of Bane, haha.