Curtis

Not a name I plan on using but every so often I throw a name out there for berries to ponder on.

[name_u]Curtis[/name_u]? Thoughts?

2 Likes

eh I’m neutral on it. Honestly it still feels pretty dated imho

2 Likes

I think it does too but I feel like it’s same category as names like [name_u]Percy[/name_u] which I think could both make a big come back.

I love [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]! Unfortunately for me it doesn’t flow with my pesky surname, but I definitely think it deserves more love. It has that lovely “iss” ending like [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] / [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] / [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] / [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] / [name_m]Otis[/name_m], and has a retro feel to it as well.

1 Like

In a dream Nameberry world Is have a way to mesh [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] into my current sibset but alas it would seem out of place. [name_f]My[/name_f] intention would be to honor someone so Inguess in that sense it could seem dated but… [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] was also one of the elves in [name_m]Tim[/name_m] Allen’s [name_f]Santa[/name_f] Clause so it clearly has some comeback youthful appeal to it.

1 Like

it’s ok. I prefer Kurtis, because I associate it with Kurtis Conner. it’s pretty dated, though, and it definitely isn’t my vibe

2 Likes

I really like [name_u]Curtis[/name_u]! It’s quirky and cute

2 Likes

I prefer the [name_m]Kurtis[/name_m] spelling, but I think it’s really underrated!

1 Like

I don’t like it for my own list but it’s fine for someone else!

1 Like

I like [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] but I like [name_m]Kurtis[/name_m] even more!! [name_m]Kurt[/name_m] is a lovely nn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

he’s the reason why i grew to love the name :sweat_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

makes me thing “curtains”

1 Like

I grew up with a bakery chain called [name_u]Curtis[/name_u], so it just makes me think of Cheese straws.

1 Like

I don’t see the appeal, but I know a lot of them.

[name_f]My[/name_f] late Grandpa Steve’s first name was [name_u]Curtis[/name_u], my son-in-law is [name_u]Curtis[/name_u], our nephew is [name_m]Kurtis[/name_m], and our friend is [name_u]Curtis[/name_u].

[name_m]Curt[/name_m] is not a happy word to me, plus it also reminds me of an ugly word.

So not a bad name, but not one of which I am fond.

2 Likes

TELEPATHY!!! I was just thinking of this name today. Honestly i like it as Curtis but not Curt/Kurt.

2 Likes

I actually do know someone with a baby (he would be maybe… 10 months old now?) named [name_u]Curtis[/name_u], no nickname that I’m aware of. To me it’s an unexpected choice for a baby, but not a bad one. To me it doesn’t seem so tied to one particular era that it’s not ready for a comeback, even if it’s admittedly not to my taste.

1 Like