Cute nn for Bridget

I know how clever you all are here so thought i’d throw this out there.

I know [name]Bridge[/name], Didge and [name]Biddy[/name] (and others listed on the nameberry def. of bridget)

Secondly, i’m really liking [name]Biddy[/name]. Does anyone else think its cute or do you instantly picture an old person and thus wouldn’t consider it??!

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Birdie[/name] would go? I like [name]Birdie[/name] but struggling for a ‘formal’ name for [name]Birdie[/name].

Thanks (lots of questions there to be answered!!)

i love birdie for bridget. i always thought that was one of the “accepted” nn’s for the name anyways!

I really like the name [name]Bridget[/name]. I think [name]Birdie[/name] works perfectly. [name]Bridie[/name] is also a traditional nickname for [name]Bridget[/name], I think, and so is [name]Bedelia[/name], though I’m not sure that’s usable.

[name]Bree[/name]
Briddy
[name]Britta[/name]
[name]Brit[/name]
Gettie (jetty)
Getta

I love [name]Birdie[/name]!

I think [name]Birdie[/name] is a very cute nn for [name]Bridget[/name]. I like it better than [name]Biddy[/name]. Another nn you could use is [name]Bea[/name]/[name]Bee[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Bridgett[/name] nn [name]Bridie[/name]

If spelt as [name]Brigitte[/name] nn Gitty

I love [name]Birdie[/name]! I also like [name]Gigi[/name]

[name]Bridget[/name]:
[name]Bee[/name]
[name]Bibi[/name]
[name]Biddy[/name]
Gitty
Bidge (without an r)
Bitty
Bit
[name]Bree[/name] (I don’t like the name, though)
[name]Brittle[/name]
Bindy
Bintie
BeeGee
[name]Birdie[/name] is really cute!

I’ve always known [name]Bri[/name] and [name]Bee[/name]
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I like the suggestion of [name]Bree[/name]. Not a fan of the others.

I like [name]Brie[/name] (used in assoc. with [name]Bridget[/name] or otherwise) but hubs won’t go for it, he just sees cheese!

I still like [name]Biddy[/name] and [name]Birdie[/name], again hubs not so sure, yet he likes [name]Bridget[/name].

Thanks for replies x

I’m with your husband. [name]Biddy[/name] and [name]Birdie[/name] sound like great names for characters in a novel, they just sound too eccentric for real life to me. They are certainly fun names though, I see the temptation!

[name]Bree[/name]/[name]Brie[/name] sounds more feminine to me and sounds more like an actual name to me. Great cheese too - I wouldn’t mind the association.

What about calling her just [name]Bridget[/name]? No nickname needed.

Or, what’s her middle name? Sometimes its fun to use the middle as a nickname - a way to actually hear the middle name more often.

I like [name]Bridie[/name].

I’m with your husband. [name]Biddy[/name] and [name]Birdie[/name] sound like great names for characters in a novel, they just sound too eccentric for real life to me. They are certainly fun names though, I see the temptation!

[name]Bree[/name]/[name]Brie[/name] sounds more feminine to me and sounds more like an actual name to me. Great cheese too - I wouldn’t mind the association.

What about calling her just [name]Bridget[/name]? No nickname needed.

Or, what’s her middle name? Sometimes its fun to use the middle as a nickname - a way to actually hear the middle name more often.[/quote]

[name]Don[/name]'t know mn yet, just bouncing round ideas (if, indeed, baby is a girl!!) I’m a big nicknamer and my other children have nn hence the need to a nn.

This may sound odd, but growing up my friends and I called someone a “biddy” when we wanted to call them a bad name, but couldn’t curse. lol. Maybe I’m the only one though.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Birdie[/name]!

[name]Bridget[/name] is such an adorable name…love it!
[name]Birdie[/name] and [name]Brie[/name] would be my favorite nn’s…