Cute nn's for Lydia?

I love the name [name]Lydia[/name] so much! But I’m not sure if maybe it sounds too old lady-ish and stuffy? I think I would like it better I knew of some cute nn’s for it. I know all of you creative nameberryites can come up with something! Thanks!

I love [name]Lydia[/name]!! I don’t think it’s at all old ladyish! I don’t know if I can imagine an old lady named [name]Lydia[/name]…

[name]Lydie[/name] (this is actually the French version, so a name in its own right)
[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Di[/name]
[name]Didi[/name]
[name]Lili[/name]
Lydsie
[name]Leda[/name]

L / [name]Elle[/name]
[name]Lydie[/name]
[name]Dia[/name]
[name]Lia[/name]
[name]LaLa[/name] (for a little girl)
Lyd

[name]Hi[/name], there!

I love [name]Lydia[/name]! It’s my favorite - [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]! [name]Lydia[/name] is very vintage Colonial for me, but at the same time, it is feminine, sophisticated, playful, and adventurous. Not at all too stuffy!

The [name]Lydia[/name] I know is called [name]Lydia[/name] or Lyds (like “lids”), but you could always use Lyddie or [name]Lydie[/name] as a nickname! I think even [name]Lulu[/name] could work!

Take care!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thank you all so much fo your suggestions! I completely forgot about ‘lyddie’- such an obvious nn! I also loved the suggestion of L/ [name]Elle[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Elly[/name] could work for a nn? Or [name]Lily[/name]?

Oh, but why use [name]Lily[/name] when you have beautiful [name]Lydia[/name] to say? [name]Lily[/name] is a totally different name, with a completely different feel, in my book. I don’t see [name]Elly[/name] either, sorry! Really do like L - [name]Elle[/name] - or even Lo, too!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Hello, my name is [name]Lydia[/name], i’m 25 years old from Australia- not a stuffy old grandma lol.
I didn’t really like my name as a younger child because it was so unusual, and sometimes difficult for people to pronounce- lots of “[name]Olivia[/name]?”- and as far as i know, i’ve only ever met 5 or 6 other [name]Lydia[/name]'s throughout my life time.
It became a lot cooler when i was in high school, however. My nicknames were “Lid” or “Lids”. My great uncle calls me “[name]Liddie[/name]”; my parents call me “[name]Lil[/name]” or “[name]Lily[/name]” and when i lived in [name]France[/name] it was (phoenetically pronounced) Laydee. So there are many nicknames/ variations. Good luck!!

[name]Dee[/name]
[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Lala[/name]

I don’t know if “[name]Lee[/name]” is cute enough. I also thought [name]Didi[/name] was cute, but I’m more inclined to just say the whole name and not have to have a nickname. If I ever shortened it for brevity, I’d probably come out with “[name]Lee[/name]”.

I love the French version [name]Lydie[/name]. It’s pronounced differently there, but you could just say it like Liddy.

I am also considering [name]Lydia[/name] for my girl due in a few months. I love the name, the meaning, history etc. but I find it a little difficult to say a hundred times a day. I would definitly use [name]Lydie[/name]/Liddy as a nn, a lot like [name]Libby[/name] or even [name]Abby[/name] – cute!

The only thing that bothers my about [name]Lydia[/name] is the Y in the middle of the name, makes it look cr8tive or tryndee to me, but I know that it is not! I guess there is something to be said for fitting in with her peers with tryndee names. But [name]Lydia[/name] is a great classic name that will age well and still look great for a woman.