Cute unisex baby clothes?

All you moms out there who are team green where do you buy your baby clothes? I can’t find any that are colorful and sweet but still unisex. I see a lot of black and white and jungle animals but that’s just not really my style

3 Likes

Not a mom yet… but I find that a lot of boys and girls baby clothes could be used for either sex. I was just looking at Target :smiley:

I was lucky to inherit a collection that I curated of gender neutral clothing for my kids from 0-24 month sizes from various families I used to nanny for. I kept what I liked and donated the rest.

Ever since my elder kiddo grew out of his 24 month clothes, I buy everything secondhand. The kids’ thrift stores are ridiculously gendered. Everything is sorted in boy and girl sides of the store. But I just make sure to browse BOTH sides for the size I’m looking for.

I also NEVER buy boy pants. They feel like the least comfortable pants to ever be invented. [name_f]My[/name_f] kids go exclusively in girl leggings and sweat pants they can actually move in.

2 Likes

I’ve been team green three times and never felt the need to do “gender neutral”.

White onesies are a must for either gender so you can definitely stock up on those for all the various sizes. After that I’ve had friends who have asked to borrow clothes from others who have kids—- getting a small collection of boy and girl things.

For us, we bought some boy and girl things each time. This last time we had my daughter pick out a girl outfit and son pick out a boy outfit. Make sure to keep the receipts!

We tried Carter’s the first go around and weren’t impressed with what the store carrier so we wound up at Walmart instead. This past time due to COVID we did Carter’s on-line much bigger selection on-line

Also burts and bees aims toward gender neutral. Can be pricey but may be useful for a couple items in the nb days :woman_shrugging:t2:

Also not a mom, but Etsy has a lot of cute baby clothes. Instagrammer/Youtuber [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] And Beans dresses her kids in very cute gender neutral clothes, I think mostly from [name_m]Kip[/name_m]&Co. It is an Australian site, though, not sure where you live.

I think a lot of baby clothes are unisex anyway… I knew both times that I was having a boy, but bought “gender neutral” clothes because that’s just what I prefer. I bought a lot of them second hand and in local shops. Some of my oldest son’s clothes were passed on to our youngest. Most of these are worn out now though, and we’re expecting twins in [name_u]January[/name_u] so we’re stocking up on baby clothes at the moment. As long as you keep away from pink, frilly clothes and clothes that have non gender neutral prints I think you’ll be fine.

@hyacinthbucket I completely agree on the boy pants. I never bought any of these for my oldest until he was two years old because they’re uncomfortable. [name_f]My[/name_f] youngest also wears sweat pants only. One of my best friends who had children before me gave me this tip, and I’m eternally grateful :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

White onsies. Also, Burts Bees brand has a ton of neutral colors. And then, once babe has arrived, get whatever you’d like. You really only need 0-6mo sizes at first. I shop 80% second hand for clothes and love children’s consignment shops. If there’s one of those in your area, I’d reccomend, plus your giving $ back to another mom local to you. H & M has cute neutral basics also. I bought bulk white onesies and then would coordinate pants or an additional layer depending on temperature. Also, my son wore a few hand me down girls clothes when he was very young because we happened to have an extra cold winter that year and its what I had.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’m buying for a baby as well and love gender-neutral clothes. Haha, I’m definitely team green! White vests and bodysuits are nice, I think in [name_u]America[/name_u] they are called onesies. I don’t know where you are, so some of these might be quite useless. [name_m]Alas[/name_m], here I go!

Here are my favourites for newborns, babies and children!

[name_f]Zara[/name_f]; does some lovely newborn and toddler things
Simple Folk; (pricey, but quite good!)
H&M; has some good neutral basics
Next; same as H&M
Primark; don’t know if you have this where you live, but it’s very good!
the White Company makes the most lovely little bits, many unisex, and I adore their clothes for all ages
[name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_u]Kay[/name_u], so expensive to ship to UK, but lovely unisex clothes, I don’t buy that often
Trotters.co.uk has the most precious clothes, some are unisex
Maisonette is a favourite, so gorgeous and high quality
Duns [name_u]Sweden[/name_u] makes brilliant brightly coloured and soft bodysuits.

I always support thrifting, but I prefer to buy all new clothes for babies and children, so it lasts longer and is cleaner.

xx, hope this helped! I adore shopping for babies and kids!

2 Likes

I wasn’t team green but I love H&M for gender neutral clothes. Also [name_f]Zara[/name_f] and Next (I’m UK based), but on the pricier side.

Thanks for all your replies! To be completely honest I’m not really team green, I wish I had the gumption to wait but I give in every time! However I like to get their coming home outfit as soon as I can, it makes the whole pregnancy feel real for me. With my daughter I found her outfit in the first store I walked in after finding out I as pregnant. But this time around I can’t find one that I love that would work for a girl or a boy. And while I’m a big fan of secondhand and thrifting (especially for littles) the first few months I’m a little paranoid about germs…so I like them to be new for the newborn stage. I’ll have to check out the places you guys have mentioned!

Petit bateau ! If you’re looking for cheaper stuff then try h&m.

1 Like

Again thanks for all your replies, if you’ve got anymore I’d love to here them! Just thought I’d share some of the clothing stores Ive found in my search. If anyone else is looking (I’m US based)

And I like Hanna Andersson as well

2 Likes

@Perpetua I do really like h&m, and they’re usually one of my go to and I love them, but they’re a little more neutral then what I’m picturing, and I just have a hard time letting that image of a little baby with a bold printed footie/dress go. But I completely agree about the price, in fact I usually have a hard time justifying even spending $30. Luckily I found a super cute stork print footie that was just what I wanted.

Thank you all for your suggestions! I’ve got a good list that I’m gonna hold on to.

Not a mom, but I would check out Colored Organics.

1 Like

I’ve been loving spearmint [name_u]Baby[/name_u] lately. They have a lot of funky clothes and gear that could go both ways. Not just boring white and grey

1 Like

I know this is late, but wanted to suggest primary.com!

1 Like

a cute brand I’ve found is marmar copenhagen. it can be slightly expensive but they’ve got a lot of unisex options and comfy basics.

1 Like