Cynthia - What do you know about her?

I think I’ve fallen for this name all over again.
So few questions for the Berries!

What do you think of the name?
Apart from Rugrats what connections does the name have to any pop culture or real life i.e is there any sings or singers that have the name?
Nickname potential I can think of is Cynth and [name_f]Thea[/name_f], can you think of others?

Middle name ideas :bulb:
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] / [name_f]Wilhelmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Mariska[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f]

Any ideas? Bonus if the intial is a M, W, V or J

I don’t have any particular associations with the name.
I’d use Thea as a nickname!

Combos:
Cynthia Willow
Cynthia Layla
Cynthia June
Cynthia May
Cynthia Marie
Cynthia Melody
Cynthia Maxine
Cynthia Melina
Cynthia Lauren
Cynthia Laurel
Cynthia Winnie
Cynthia Winter
Cynthia Lucy
Cynthia Lisa
Cynthia Jane
Cynthia Jade
Cynthia Jasmine
Cynthia Julie
Cynthia Jordan
Cynthia Molly

I love the name [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] :books: :european_castle: :rose: It has dark academia vibes and a regal but spunky feel!
As for associations, I think of [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] from Rugrats, as well as the author [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] Leitich [name_m]Smith[/name_m] and the actress [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_m]Nixon[/name_m].
Nickname ideas… I love [name_f]Thia[/name_f] and Cynth, you could also do [name_f]Cynnie[/name_f], Cynna, [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] or [name_f]Tia[/name_f].
Middle name suggestions:
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_m]Valentine[/name_m] (love this one!)
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Maelys[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Meredith[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]

I think of [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] Vortex from [name_m]Jimmy[/name_m] Neutron and the flower.

[name_f]Cindy[/name_f] is a potential nn too. Maybe [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Jolie[/name_f]?

1 Like

What do you think of the name?

I quite like it. [name_m]Sharp[/name_m] but sweet, musical and floral but without feeling fussy. It makes me think of flowers and moons.

What connections does the name have to any pop culture or real life?

I think of:

[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] from the book Wives and Daughters by [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] Gaskell

[name_f]Sister[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] from the show Call the Midwife (she changes her name to [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] when she becomes a nun; originally, she’s just called Cynthia)

I also think it’s singer [name_f]Cyndi[/name_f] Lauper’s full name? And there’s [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_m]Powell[/name_m], [name_m]John[/name_m] Lennon’s first wife (I only know this because of some recent research I had to do - I wouldn’t have known that otherwise)

Nickname potential?

[name_f]Cyndi[/name_f] / [name_f]Cindy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cece[/name_f] / [name_f]Cici[/name_f]
Cya / [name_f]Cia[/name_f] ‘See-uh’
[name_f]Nia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fifi[/name_f]
CJ (for [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] Juno)
Cym / Cimmie (with [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Mariska[/name_f] and even Wilhelmina)

Middles:

I really like [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], and [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f].

Some other ideas:

[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Vivianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Josette[/name_f] ‘CJ’ ‘Coco’
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] ‘Cece’
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_m]Viridian[/name_m]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Holly[/name_f]

I really like [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]! It has a pretty, retro feel but it doesn’t sound particularly dated. I think it would actually work nicely today.

I think of [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_m]Nixon[/name_m] and also [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] from the [name_m]Brady[/name_m] Bunch - her full name was given as [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]. I know a [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] in real life and her full name is also [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]! It has a pretty, retro feel but it doesn’t sound particularly dated. I think it would actually work nicely today.

I think of [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_m]Nixon[/name_m] and also [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] from the [name_m]Brady[/name_m] Bunch - her full name was given as [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]. I know a [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] in real life and her full name is also [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f].

I really like it! Its the name of a relative of mine who goes by [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] but I really like Thia/Thea. Maybe CiCi? The only pop culture reference I can think of is a character in the show Call the Midwife.

I wish I liked [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f], I’ve known several really lovely Cynthias and they have made me appreciate the name… it just feels a bit dated to me. All the Cynthias I have known have gone by [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] or maybe [name_f]Cinda[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Thea[/name_f] or maybe [name_f]Cece[/name_f]. I’m a big Cici/Ceci/Cece fan.

I think [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] is my favorite of your combos, but I like [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] a lot too (although it seems to have a lot of similar vowel sounds? which made it a bit singsongy for me).

[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] reminds me a lot of [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], actually, pretty timeless but a little dated, full of lots and lots and lots of history, sort of muted but regal. I do prefer [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] myself, though; I’m a big [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] fan.

Good luck!

It makes me think of Cindy Brady on The Brady Bunch (her full name is Cynthia).

I really like Cynthia! In a way it looks floral to me, like it should be the name of a flower. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cynthia Juno is gorgeous!