'D' Poll

Hey [name]Elena[/name]!

I’m equally apologetic about my reply to your reply being late, things have been rather hectic lately:)

I’m hearing your concerns on [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Deborah[/name]. I know most people find [name]Deborah[/name] ‘mumsy’ and therefor dated and don’t think [name]Dorothy[/name] would suit a teenager but in their defense; I’ve only known one [name]Debra[/name] in my life (note, [name]Debra[/name] not [name]Deborah[/name]) and whilst she was 30ish she definitely wasn’t ‘mumsy’ so I’ve never seen the name like that. [name]Dorothy[/name], I agree doesn’t fit a teenager but with it’s repertoire of nns I don’t think that would be much of a problem. [name]Dora[/name] or [name]Ro[/name] for example would fit her perfectly.

Whilst the ‘Die-[name]Anna[/name]’ thing is noticeable to me when I use [name]Diana[/name], it isn’t obvious and I don’t think it’s a big deal and is far from a deal breaker for me. The [name]Annie[/name] nn is cute but I wouldn’t use [name]Diana[/name] to get to that, I also would never use the nn [name]Di[/name]. I much prefer [name]Diana[/name] in full instead of using a diminutive but if I had too I would shorten it to [name]Dee[/name].

I love [name]Dinah[/name]:slight_smile: I just love it, it sounds so easy-breezy and just rolls off my tongue when I say it. My only concern with [name]Dinah[/name] is it sounds just like diner, as in a place to eat or a person eating. It’s also relatively unused and unknown, it is over here anyway so I’d worry about it sounding too foreign.

[name]Dylan[/name] is my top unisex name, along with [name]Harper[/name]. I know so so many male Dylans, it’s lost its charm but [name]Dylan[/name] on a girl sounds so fresh and up-beat, so lively and beautiful in its’ own way. On the whole, I’m a fan of unisex names for both sexes. I always prefer the name for one gender though and [name]Dylan[/name] feels completely feminine to me now.

Your enthusiasm for [name]Delilah[/name] has been duly noted! I couldn’t agree more about it sounding whimsical and engaging at the same time. Stable but not serious and with history, whether that history is good or bad is another matter. I’m not religious so the story behind it isn’t an issue for me but if I can live with the meaning, it’s all good:)

Thanks for replying [name]Elena[/name], I just love reading your responses:) The ‘E’ [name]Poll[/name] will be up and running shortly and you’ll just have to wait and see what’s on it!

Take care, you know we’re the same age right? [name]Just[/name] found out from reading a post the other day:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

There are so many [name]Dorothy[/name] lovers out there! Loud and proud, that’s good to see guys:) [name]Diana[/name] seems to be pulling ahead though, the silent assassin…

Keep the votes and comments coming everyone:) Thanks!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I voted for [name]Diana[/name] previously but am posting now. I’m not really fond of just [name]Diane[/name] but the “[name]Ana[/name]” ending in [name]Diana[/name] makes it seem more exotic to me.

Hey [name]Elena[/name]!

I’m equally apologetic about my reply to your reply being late, things have been rather hectic lately:)

I’m hearing your concerns on [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Deborah[/name]. I know most people find [name]Deborah[/name] ‘mumsy’ and therefor dated and don’t think [name]Dorothy[/name] would suit a teenager but in their defense; I’ve only known one [name]Debra[/name] in my life (note, [name]Debra[/name] not [name]Deborah[/name]) and whilst she was 30ish she definitely wasn’t ‘mumsy’ so I’ve never seen the name like that. [name]Dorothy[/name], I agree doesn’t fit a teenager but with it’s repertoire of nns I don’t think that would be much of a problem. [name]Dora[/name] or [name]Ro[/name] for example would fit her perfectly.

Whilst the ‘Die-[name]Anna[/name]’ thing is noticeable to me when I use [name]Diana[/name], it isn’t obvious and I don’t think it’s a big deal and is far from a deal breaker for me. The [name]Annie[/name] nn is cute but I wouldn’t use [name]Diana[/name] to get to that, I also would never use the nn [name]Di[/name]. I much prefer [name]Diana[/name] in full instead of using a diminutive but if I had too I would shorten it to [name]Dee[/name].

I love [name]Dinah[/name]:slight_smile: I just love it, it sounds so easy-breezy and just rolls off my tongue when I say it. My only concern with [name]Dinah[/name] is it sounds just like diner, as in a place to eat or a person eating. It’s also relatively unused and unknown, it is over here anyway so I’d worry about it sounding too foreign.

[name]Dylan[/name] is my top unisex name, along with [name]Harper[/name]. I know so so many male Dylans, it’s lost its charm but [name]Dylan[/name] on a girl sounds so fresh and up-beat, so lively and beautiful in its’ own way. On the whole, I’m a fan of unisex names for both sexes. I always prefer the name for one gender though and [name]Dylan[/name] feels completely feminine to me now.

Your enthusiasm for [name]Delilah[/name] has been duly noted! I couldn’t agree more about it sounding whimsical and engaging at the same time. Stable but not serious and with history, whether that history is good or bad is another matter. I’m not religious so the story behind it isn’t an issue for me but if I can live with the meaning, it’s all good:)

Thanks for replying [name]Elena[/name], I just love reading your responses:) The ‘E’ [name]Poll[/name] will be up and running shortly and you’ll just have to wait and see what’s on it!

Take care, you know we’re the same age right? [name]Just[/name] found out from reading a post the other day:)

• [name]Charlie[/name][/quote]

Oh thank you so much for your long reply!
Yeah I think I knew we were round about the same age, I’m so glad I’m not alone as a fifteen year old loving names and I just love your naming style :slight_smile:

I guess with the whole [name]Deborah[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] thing, I’m judging it on who I’ve known with the name, so it’s hard for me to imagine some of a different age with the name. However, I think it would be really refreshing to meet a teenage [name]Dorothy[/name] or a baby [name]Deborah[/name]

I can’t wait for more of your polls!

p.s I love [name]Harper[/name] so much!

Hey [name]Elena[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name][/quote]

Oh thank you so much for your long reply!
Yeah I think I knew we were round about the same age, I’m so glad I’m not alone as a fifteen year old loving names and I just love your naming style :slight_smile:

I guess with the whole [name]Deborah[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] thing, I’m judging it on who I’ve known with the name, so it’s hard for me to imagine some of a different age with the name. However, I think it would be really refreshing to meet a teenage [name]Dorothy[/name] or a baby [name]Deborah[/name]

I can’t wait for more of your polls!

p.s I love [name]Harper[/name] so much![/quote]

I have good news, the ‘E’ [name]Poll[/name] will be up today! I think I’ve finally sorted it out but E has definitely been one of the hardest letters.

I know exactly what you mean about forming an image for a name based on people you’ve known with it. I mean, how else are we supposed to? It’s the pre-conceived ideas clouding a name that bothers me a lot and I do it too. I can’t appreciate [name]Fiona[/name]'s beauty now because I’ve met so many people with this name that I didn’t take to so the name is ruined now for me.

Thank-you for the compliment on my naming style:) It tends to be all over the place mostly but these polls are definitely helping me narrow it down. You know what I would love is to see and be able to comment on a list of your favourites! I promise I’d be one of the first to reply if you did post one and then I could compliment you on your naming tastes too:) Think about it anyway, I’m sure your names would be wonderful.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] Disa:)

I agree about your [name]Diana[/name] comment, whilst I like [name]Diane[/name] just fine I think the ‘ana’ gives it that little bit extra.

It’s good to see you back:) Thanks for posting!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I’m surprised nobody has love for [name]Dinah[/name]! She’s one of my all-time favorite names! I also love [name]Dorothy[/name], but [name]Dinah[/name] just shines for me. Other D favorites are [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Dixie[/name].

Greetings fellow [name]Dinah[/name] fan!

I’m so glad it’s appreciated by someone:) I’ve liked it for ages and have recently fell in love with it’s quiet charm and subtle beauty.

[name]Daphne[/name] is starting to really grow on me too…

Thanks for replying:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I am thinking about doing a poll, but my favourites change so much though, and I’d probably have to do it in chunks like you because there are just so many! I feel so pleased that you would love to see it, I’m going to have to make it really special now. My naming style is all over the place as well :slight_smile:

I’ll comment on your ‘E’ poll (which I am so excited about) later as I should probably be having breakfast now!