Daisy?

I’m not expecting right now but I always love making name lists. What are your thoughts on [name]Daisy[/name]? I love it - I think it’s cute and spunky, not common but recognizable (ie easy to spell and pronounce). But I don’t know if I could name a child [name]Daisy[/name] in real life. It doesn’t seem to grow up well–what do you think? I don’t like [name]Margaret[/name] specifically and in general I’d prefer the nn to have the same first letter as the given name. What else could [name]Daisy[/name] be short for?

You could use the name [name]Daisy[/name] as a nickname for [name]Juliette[/name], which would pay honor to [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] Low, the found of the Girl Scouts of [name]America[/name], in 1912.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Gordon[/name] Low was nicknamed [name]Daisy[/name] as a child, and affectionately called [name]Daisy[/name] by friends and family even into adulthood.

– [name]Nephele[/name]

[name]Daisy[/name] is a lovely name. My grandmother was Desanka and they called her [name]Daisy[/name]. (from Yugoslavia). I have thought of using it and my young daughter wants to name her baby sister this.

I honestly don’t know what it could be short for, so I’m really no help! I was just going to say that I prefer the flower names like [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Posy[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name] to the more popular [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Rose[/name].

My nieces name is [name]Daisy[/name] and she loves it. The reason why she likes it because its not as popular as her twin [name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I love it and i think you should use it.