Danielle... what do we think?

Danielle’s my name, so I have feelings about it. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s a little dated, but much easier to wear now than some similar names. More [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] than [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], if that makes sense.

I think [name_f]Dani[/name_f] is quite dated (even the young [name_m]Daniels[/name_m] I know never go by Danny) but just [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] is doable now, or nicknames [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], or [name_f]Della[/name_f] would feel fresher.

[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] feels very 90s to me. I went to school with lots of Danielle’s and they all went by [name_f]Dani[/name_f]. I did however teach a [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] recently, and it really suited her. I was surprised to hear it on a child. I think if it’s a name you really like, it could be a solid, surprising choice.

I like [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]. Definitely is a little 90-2000s. But - would be more unique today!

I consider [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] to be a modern classic rather than dated. It’s sleek and elegant and I’m always delighted to meet baby Danielles.

Slightly, but I like it. [name_f]Love[/name_f] the nickname, [name_f]Danni[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like the boy’s name, it’s somewhat of a classic.

It’s beautiful! One of my favourites :heart:

While it is true that [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] was most popular in the 1980’s and 1990’s, it first appeared in the top 1000 in 1938 and there probably were girls and women named [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] born before then. I wouldn’t say it’s dated. I actually went to high school with two Danielle’s.

I think it’s a little dated to the aughts/nineties. Similar to the likes of [name_f]Allison[/name_f], [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], and [name_f]Erin[/name_f]. Not so dated that I’d be shocked to hear it for a baby today, but not one I’d necessarily expect. It’s a hearty name!