Danielle... what do we think?

Is this name dated? It’s ranked 474! I love names not in the top 100… but when it’s that high I sometimes wonder if it’s because people are “over it.” What do you think??

I think it’s very early/mid 2000s but still usable!

I would say it is very much 90’s/80’s however I also think of that cinderella show with drew barrymore…and that makes it feels very classic french fairytale. So personally I would love to meet a little danielle

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] is really pretty!

I do think it peaked and is on a decline, but I think that can be a good thing – everyone is familiar with it, but she’s unlikely to have to share her name with a classmate. Kind of a perfect middle ground! It’s certainly not dated in a way where people will judge a child with the name.

2 Likes

I second all of this

2 Likes

To me it does feel very strongly like a 80’s/90’s/early 2000s name, since I know a lot of Danielles born in that era, and none born after it. That’s not the worst thing in the world, but because it was such a popular name for 3 decades I do find it a little bit “tired”. I think [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] may feel a little fresher, since it was never as common as [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] and the -ella ending is more trendy now in the 2010s and 2020s.

Some -elle names that would be a little more timeless, in case you like them are [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], and Annabel(le), or if it’s the nickname [name_f]Dani[/name_f] that you like about [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] then maybe you’d like [name_f]Lani[/name_f] or [name_f]Lainey[/name_f], on their own or as nicknames to something else! [name_m]Or[/name_m], for a [name_m]French[/name_m] vibe like Danielle’s, some on-trend names would be [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], or [name_f]Camille[/name_f]. You didn’t mention where you’re from, so unfortunately I can’t check to see if these are in the top 100 in your country, but you can find that information on their name page!

1 Like

Sorry to be blunt, but I don’t like it and never have. I don’t like it in the Aussie accent - DaniELLE - and I really don’t like it in places where they pronounce it “DanYELL”. It comes across as flat and nasally. I realise I’m not into Dan-/Deone/Deanna/Dinah names. And I just don’t think [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] gives enough bang for buck - it’s a lot of name for not giving much (for me). :grimacing:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Danielle[/name_f].
I think it’s a little dated, but certainly not an old person name, and could still work. It’s in the same category as like [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] or [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] for me.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] (and I love Daniela!)

It does feel dated, but I think it still retains a lot of its charm. It fits in with names like [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], [name_f]Monique[/name_f] and [name_f]Chantal[/name_f] for me, popular in the 80s, but when you think about it, they’re [name_m]French[/name_m] and chic and still very sparkly despite their popularity 30-40 years ago.

I know a young [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Dani[/name_f], and I find it quite cute.

If [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] can be perenially popular and timeless for boys, why not [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] for girls?

I’m over it personally!

[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] is pretty sweet and solid. It does have a slightly dated vibe, but it doesn’t feel too heavy or awkward.

Plus it has fun nicknames - [name_m]Dell[/name_m], [name_f]Della[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Dani[/name_f], [name_m]Dill[/name_m]

A bit dated in a less fashionable way but can have cute nicknames like [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_m]Danny[/name_m]. Cute classic name

I think [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] has a 90s feel to it all the Danielle’s I know were born around that time. She feels similar to Gabriell3 with that overall 90s feel. However my partner niece is Gabriell3 and actually it was really lovely choice very unexpected for a baby born in [name_f]September[/name_f] 2022. I honestly think you’d get the same oh that’s surprising thought process as you would with [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] and people would find the name refreshing!

It is dated where I’m from. Very much tied to 80s / 90s.

I don’t mind [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]. Because I have seen [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] used a lot, [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] seems a little worn down and seems a little stale in my mind. But its very elegant when paired with a suitable middle name!

it feels dated to me, but that’s what i thought about the name danica until i met one my age, and the name has really grown on me since. i think it’s still usable.

I think it’s slightly dated. Not in a grandma vibe kind of way. But in a 90s/early 2000s way. I think it’s a good name though and definitely still useable today!

I think [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] is quite sweet and a little sassy. I’ve never met one. I can imagine her to be cool and maybe a little stubborn (positively).

I think I liked it a few years ago.

Danielle is a great name! It’s a traditional, elegant, gentle name. If you are religious, you will probably love its meaning too. It’s a good name and it still feels youthful despite its decreasing popularity!
Danielle and its variants were very popular in the late 80’s to early 2000’s in different countries. However, I know some girls younger than 15 years old with this name and it suits them well. Danielle has many fun nickname options that you can play around with like Dani, Dana, Dania, Anie, Elle, Ellie, Della, Delle, Dellie, Didi, Nielle and Nini. The fact that Danielle is less popular nowadays can be seen as a positive aspect if you prefer names that are not extremely popular! You may also like Daniella or Daniela. With a similar sound, I love Gabrielle and Gabriella! Some unexpected alternatives are Dahlia, Denise, Raphaella, Delilah, Dalila and Marielle.

it does sound a bit 90’s, but honestly, 80’s and 90’s names are great! i’m ready for more tiny Danielle’s, Stephanie’s, Melissa’s, etc. :white_heart: