DASH

I really love the name [name]Dash[/name] but am just wondering how it works in real life? From what I read on Nameberry it is a well liked name in the US but I live in the UK and am unsure how people would take it?

I have a one and a half year old [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]. It works great in real life! When he was just a little baby people crinkled their noses as it, but now we get nothing but compliments. It’s very uncommon here, but I’ve heard it’s slightly more commonplace in the UK. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, well done on choosing such a great name! Its way up on my list :slight_smile: x

I have a friend who’s son is a [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]…it’s so cute, and really suits him. It’s one of my favorite names, but I can’t get past the spelling/pronunciation issue.

I love the name [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name], but I agree with the poster above me - the spelling/pronunciation makes me wary. [name]Dashiell[/name] makes me think [name]Dash[/name]-eel, and I prefer the pronunciation [name]Dash[/name]-ul.

We have a [name]Dashiell[/name] who is called [name]Dash[/name] by some people, and we gets tons of compliments on his name. We also still feel very much in love with his name even though we chose it 2.5 years ago. We’re having trouble coming up with something as good for #2!

I love the name [name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]. I think it’s such an awesome name, and it’s very fun and spunky. I like that he could be a [name]Dashiell[/name] to be more “sophisticated” or a [name]Dash[/name] to be more fun. It’s very versatile and all around great :slight_smile:
We recently got a new puppy, and I tried to convince my parents to name him [name]Dashiell[/name] (or at least just [name]Dash[/name]!), but my mom and brother weren’t fans. My dad liked it though. But now I can save it for a future son, so I guess it’s okay!

[name]Rachel[/name], we almost got a puppy about five years ago and we named him [name]Dash[/name]! We ended up not getting to keep him, though (our neighbors had puppies, long story, but don’t worry it’s not like we took him and then dumped him!) anyway, I’m so glad we didn’t keep him or our son would have a different name! So maybe you’ll have a [name]Dash[/name] of your own someday!

I had a student named [name]Dash[/name] ([name]Dashiell[/name] was his full name). I also know of a baby boy named [name]Daniel[/name] [name]Shane[/name] who goes by [name]Dash[/name] :slight_smile: