Dashiell Combinations... Vote!

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Nick[/name]- has by far most meaning
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Frost[/name]- too hissssy
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Drake[/name]- I think this sounds best
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Grant[/name]

Or only one middle
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Grant[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Drake[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Nick[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Frost[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Robert[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]William[/name]

I’m very much leaning toward using two middles, but if you think of a good combo with the other names I’ve listed, let me know! Thanks!

I have two middle names, and I wouldn’t recommend it (it was a nightmare with college records/applications, etc.).
I love [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Grant[/name], and I like [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name] (I think [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Nick[/name] sounds too abrupt). All in all, [name]Dashiell[/name] is a great choice :slight_smile:

Because of what you explained earlier, I like [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Nick[/name] best. It sounds like it has the most meaning to you and your family, and it sounds great. I love the idea of [name]Frost[/name] as a middle name, but [name]August[/name] [name]Frost[/name] sounds wrong to me. I also like the suggestion of [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name] if you only want one middle, or [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name]. I personally love names with two middles, especially when they honor family.

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Nick[/name]- has by far most meaning (love this)
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Frost[/name]- too hissssy (do not like)
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Drake[/name]- I think this sounds best (I like it with [name]Nick[/name] better)
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Grant[/name] (For some reason I don’t like [name]Grant[/name]. I think I’m biased because of a relative by marriage who always seemed grumpy.)

Or only one middle
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name]-love so much!
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Grant[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Drake[/name]-I don’t like the meaning of [name]Drake[/name]-male duck. But most people don’t know what it means.
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Nick[/name]-I would lengthen it to [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]. Then I’d love it. I don’t mind the nickname [name]Nick[/name] when it’s the second middle.
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Frost[/name]-too ess-y.
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Robert[/name] refined.
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] I feel neutral about it.
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]-I like this.
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]William[/name]-Oooooh, two of my favorite names together, and I never thought of this combo!
My favorite is [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] for names with one middle. For the two middle name combos my vote is with [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Nick[/name].

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Nick[/name]- has by far most meaning: This is my favorite combination of yours. Isn’t [name]Nick[/name] your Mom’s maiden name?

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Frost[/name]- too hissssy: I’m not a fan of this one, either!

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Drake[/name]- I think this sounds best: I don’t care for [name]Drake[/name], but that’s just me.

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Grant[/name]- Too “G” heavy for me

[name]How[/name] many syllables does your last name contain? I ask, because it will definitely make a difference with the flow…

Or only one middle
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] this!
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Grant[/name]: [name]Just[/name] okay for me
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Drake[/name]: I’m going to have to pass on this one (but that’s just me!)
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Nick[/name]: Although you know it’s your Mom’s maiden name, others may assume you’ve simply shortened [name]Nicholas[/name], and wonder why you made this decision. However, if you don’t mind this potential why-didn’t-you-use [name]Nicholas[/name] issue, go for it. For some reason, using two middle names makes the whole “[name]Nick[/name]” thing a non-issue for me.
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Frost[/name]- Nah
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Robert[/name]- Nice, but I like Dashielle [name]August[/name] the best!
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]- This flows nicely. You know, [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Rowe[/name] has a really effortless flow/feel to it.
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]- Not as perfect as [name]August[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]William[/name]- Ditto!

I vote for [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Nick[/name]- this is great!

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Nick[/name] form this corner too, Meaning trumps all for me. And it’s got great flow too. [name]Love[/name] it! (But I’ll miss [name]Alfred[/name] [name]Frost[/name], for sure)

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Nick[/name] it is! Thanks so much for all your help, everyone! My family seems so relieved that we’re changing his name to this, nobody seemed to like [name]Alfred[/name], they ALL said they like this so much better! Which, on one hand is a little annoying, I mean, what’s so bad about [name]Alfred[/name]? But they all love [name]Dashiell[/name] (not so sure his family loves the middle, but I think mine does).

NO ONE can spell it! Absolutely everyone has spelled it wrong, and my husband texted it to my sister in law, and she couldn’t pronounce it! I had no idea it was so confusing, but oh well, I figure he’ll mostly go by [name]Dash[/name], which people can spell.

I’ll miss [name]Alfred[/name] [name]Frost[/name], too. I really do love the sound of it, but it just didn’t feel right, you know?

Oooh! [name]Happy[/name] news! I was so hoping for [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Nick[/name]! What a wonderful choice! It has meaning, feels right to you, and sounds fantastic–a winner in every way! :slight_smile: