daughter number 3 -

Can anyone help me with daughter number 3’s name. Our surname starts with R. It is our fourth child. We have a [name]Josh[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] nn [name]Trixie[/name], [name]Zoe[/name] nn [name]Lulu[/name]. I am not keen on names ending in ‘o’, hence zoe became lulu as people shortened her name to [name]Zo[/name]. Names under discussion in our house are: [name]Monique[/name] - will anyone shorten it to [name]Mo[/name]?; [name]Winifred[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name]; [name]Xanthe[/name]; [name]Jemima[/name] - but surname rhymes with it; [name]Lilibet[/name] - is it to close to [name]Lulu[/name]? Any thoughts or new name suggestions - help?

I [name]LOVE[/name] that you have a [name]Zoe[/name] nn [name]Lulu[/name]! I also call my daughter by a nn/term of endearment that has nothing to do with her given name (I call her by her name as well). I always see posters fretting over trying to find a formal name that will lead to a desired nn, and it is refreshing to come across a nickname that doesn’t play by the rules.

Anyway, [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name] are very fun and lively names, while still being solid classic choices.
Other names that have a similar feel to me:

[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Heloise[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Regina[/name]

[name]Monique[/name] nn mo, I thought you didnt like names that end w O? i personally dont like this name at all
xanthe- [name]LOVE[/name]
lilibet- yes its too close to lulu but i like the name
winnie and [name]Jemima[/name] are very cute

i seem to be attracted to josephine as well but do not want [name]Jo[/name]. i love josie / posey/ fifi. Should i avoid it all together because of my aversion to O endings??? thank you for your opinions.

I think [name]Josephine[/name] fits wonderfully with [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name]. And [name]Posey[/name] or [name]Fifi[/name] are adorable nn to match [name]Trixie[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name]. (Although [name]Fifi[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name] together are maybe too cutesy??). [name]Trixie[/name], [name]Lulu[/name] and [name]Posey[/name] are cute and I don’t think you’d have a problem with people calling her [name]Jo[/name] if you establish the [name]Posey[/name] (or [name]Fifi[/name]) option right away.

I absoultly love the next couple names hope u consider them

Jordache-(uncommon form of [name]Jordan[/name]) “river” (Hebrew)
[name]Solange[/name]-[name]Angel[/name] of the son (French)
[name]Chanel[/name]-(rising in popularity)(A water canal)(French)

[name]Penelope[/name] or [name]Polly[/name] fit in well with your English type names!

[name]Monique[/name]- People will most likely shorten it to [name]Mo[/name] same with [name]Maureen[/name]. So If you’re really concerned about the o’s try to think of every possible nickname! I would avoid [name]Jemima[/name] personaly only because I would not want to be named that. The only problem I can think of with [name]Xanthe[/name] is will people know how to pronounce and or spell it?

[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Jacinda[/name]

[name]Manon[/name]
[name]Maribelle[/name]

[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

[name]Elisabetta[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]

[name]Ianthe[/name]
[name]Iantha[/name]

[name]Just[/name] a note regarding the suggestion of Jordache: In the 1970s, Jordache was a brand of very popular designer jeans. For a couple of years, everyone wanted Jordache jeans. I realize that few on this site are old enough to remember that (anyone?), but it would come as a surprise to hear it used as a person’s name.

I also remember Jordache jeans. I wore them in the 80’s!!! As soon as I saw the name, I thought of the jeans. Sorry, just my opinion.

i like jlm’s suggestion of penelope. it flows really well…its a fun classic name like [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name]…[name]Josh[/name], [name]Trixie[/name], [name]Lulu[/name], and [name]Penny[/name]…sounds nice!

Yep, I wore those in the 70’s-80’s as well!

Yep, I wore those in the 70’s-80’s as well![/quote]

Me too! And, I was also surprised to see it on the list . . . a bunch of sensible, classic names and then a brand of jeans :slight_smile:

I love your kids’ names! Of your daughter #3 options, I like [name]Winifred[/name] nn [name]Winnie[/name] the best. [name]Lilibet[/name] is very nice, too, but probably too similar to [name]Lulu[/name]. I also like the previous suggestion of [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Penny[/name].

My 3-year-old daughter’s name is [name]Josephine[/name], and I haven’t had anyone call her [name]Jo[/name] yet. Her nn is [name]Josie[/name], but she has an aunt who calls her “[name]Joss[/name].” Actually she usually introduces herself as “[name]Josephine[/name]” whenever anyone asks her name, so that’s what everyone at her preschool calls her, no nickname at all!

Oh, and I remember Jordache Jeans, too! I guess I’m officially old! :slight_smile: