Dean or Jack for second baby

Dean! [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is extremely overdone.

1 Like

Wow! Such great names !!
[name_f]My[/name_f] preference is [name_u]Dean[/name_u] on its own , as it is unexpected and fresh. However as the sibling set I think stylically [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] are well suited. [name_f]My[/name_f] preference is still [name_u]Dean[/name_u] though/ probably because I have a good association with a few , and itā€™s popularity

Could you use a longer name and have [name_u]Dean[/name_u] as a nickname? Would that Deflate the [name_u]Dean[/name_u]/ [name_m]Dan[/name_m] issue?
[name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] ([name_m]Jr[/name_m]) nick name a [name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Darren[/name_u]
[name_u]Aberdeen[/name_u]

1 Like

I like [name_u]Dean[/name_u], because [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is so popular, and I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Dean[/name_u] together!! Congratulations!!

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. I think it goes better with [name_m]Leo[/name_m] than [name_u]Dean[/name_u].

1 Like

I vote [name_m]Jack[/name_m] to use a different vowel sound. Both [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Dean[/name_u] have long ā€œeā€s. Totally a style preference though! Some might like that connection.

PS I think the [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Daniels[/name_m] comments are silly and not an issue at all.

1 Like

definitely go for dean. It is far less common then jack. Iā€™ve met at least 10 Jacks but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever met a dean.

1 Like

[name_u]Dean[/name_u]! Gorgeous :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jack. Itā€™s a classic. You canā€™t go wrong. Stylistically, it works better. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] are perfect together. And, I too think the [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Daniels[/name_m] comment is SO silly. [name_m]How[/name_m] often will the fatherā€™s name be repeated right after his sonā€™s.

1 Like

Thank you everyone! All really good points, still torn between the two names for all these reasons, so I think we will leave both names on the table for a little. I know [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is popular, but really like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] with [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and still unsure about [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_m]Dan[/name_m] together. As for the [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Daniels[/name_m] thing, my husband goes by [name_m]Dan[/name_m] and rarely [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] so donā€™t see that being an issue.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Dean[/name_u]! [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_m]Dan[/name_m] would be too close for siblings imo- but i love it as an honor name for dad!

2 Likes

Please donā€™t feel pressure to decide now! You may just have to see him first!

1 Like

Both names are lovely! But I slightly prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] next to [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. Idk but thereā€™s something too similar between [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] to me.

1 Like

Dean [name_u]Francis[/name_u]

1 Like