deciding you hate all the names on your list?

I have about 3 months left before baby is born and suddenly I hate the top two choices dh and I have for names. (Hate is too strong a word, but I’m just not feeling them anymore.) My husband is okay with going with something else if we can find another name with both agree on. I’m wondering if this happened to anyone else. Did you end up falling back in love with one of your original names or did you go with something else? (Or if you don’t have kids yet has the name you got sick of ended up back on your list again?)

For my son, we never changed our minds on his name–[name]Kyle[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]. But for my daughter, we kept going back and forth, and we had a list of 4 favorite names. We finally narrowed it down to the one we felt sounded and looked best with our last name…[name]Emily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name].

Yes!! I don’t have kids, but I love names. One of my favorites has always bee [name]Noah[/name]. Since I was little [name]Ive[/name] loved it! Sometiems I get bored with it and I go searching for new names. But for some reasons it keeps on coming back! It seems I jsut cant shake the name!

I don’t have kids, but my all time favourite is [name]Violet[/name]. I loved it a long time ago, and then suddenly I hated it sooo much! Give it a week, and it was back on my list, and has stayed there ever since! Giv eit time, but also think of other alternatives, because you don’t want to be complletely stuck without a name!

Yes that happened to me! One name we were SO sure of I ended up hating and still hate it and can’t believe I almost named my son that. There were a few names on my list that I just can’t believe I was considering. It still happens, I’ll be so into a name for a while and then not like it at all, and then like it again, on and on. There are a few that fall off my list for a while but always make it back on, and there are some that are just phases.

Are the names on your list names that you’ve loved for a long time? I believe it’s better to go with a name that you’ve loved for a while instead of one that you just find, because who knows if that’s a phase.

One of the names on the list has been there for several years. If my sons had been girls it probably would have been their name. I have a feeling that’s the name we’ll go with but I’m really hoping I starting feeling the way I used to about it again.