Hello Everyone… I’m pregnant with my second child and in a naming tizzy… nothing feels right! My three-year-old daughter is [name]Lily[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] ([name]Kate[/name] and [name]Lorraine[/name] after family). I chose [name]Lily[/name] simply because I loved it and had NO idea of its popularity (and I chose it before I knew sites like this existed to help with naming). That being said, I love her name and don’t regret it at all, mostly because she’s such a, well, [name]Lily[/name]. But now when it comes to naming our second I can’t exactly get too creative because the sibset would be mismatched (and husband will nix anything too different anyway). So here’s my list (we don’t know gender). Our last name is Blamire. Oh, and husband is British (we’re in [name]Canada[/name]) and would love a British name (his first choice for a girl is [name]Jemima[/name]… I just can’t do it even though I like it). I would love your thoughts:
Girl (middle names will likely be ________ [name]Rose[/name] [name]Vivien[/name] - family names):
- [name]Isla[/name] - This leads the pack for me. It has meaning for me because I grew up on an Island and am very connected to that community. However, I worry naming her [name]Isla[/name] will be the 2010 equivalent of [name]Tanya[/name] or [name]Jessica[/name] or [name]Amy[/name] in the 70s… I don’t really mind its ascending popularity but worry it’s not a classic name ([name]Lily[/name], while a popular name, is still classic to me and not dated as there are [name]Lily[/name]'s of every age and the name has been around for a long time).
- [name]Iris[/name] - [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Lily[/name]? Too floral?
- [name]Magnolia[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this but my husband thinks its too out there although I think [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] sound beautiful
- [name]Pearl[/name] - too old lady?
- [name]Rosie[/name] - too British? I know a slew of Rosies in [name]Britain[/name], none here
- [name]Scarlett[/name] - worry about the nickname “Scar”… ick… don’t like [name]Carly[/name] or [name]Lettie[/name] either… any other possibilities?
Boys (middle names will likely be _______ [name]James[/name] Fry)
- [name]Declan[/name] - We both like this but don’t like Dec as a nickname. Discovered the awesome idea (thanks nameberry!) of nicknaming him [name]Dex[/name] but husband thinks this is a stretch.
- [name]Beckett[/name] - like it a lot but have the same worry as [name]Isla[/name]… that it will be dated
- [name]Finley[/name] - really like it but it is, of course, very popular… also worry it’s going to the girls a little
- [name]Atticus[/name] - great, great name but sadly no good nicknames
I would welcome ANY other ideas too!
Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.