Dempsey

read this name for a little girl in a magazine today. her nn is [name]Demi[/name]. what do you think? What would you name her siblings?

Honestly? I think it is kind of horendous, but then I am usually not into last name names and masculine sounding names on girls.
I think of [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Dempsey[/name] when I hear it.
I could see using it if you had a conection to [name]Dempsey[/name] and [name]Demi[/name] is a cute nn, but other than that it is kind of random. I would be more likely to use [name]Demetria[/name] to get [name]Demi[/name], but that is just me.

Personally I cringe when I hear of yet another traditionally male sounding surname being given for a girl. This is not a trend I like at all. This sounds like a name for a boxing champion. I say leave this one for the boys. If they’re calling her [name]Demi[/name] then chose something like [name]Demetria[/name] and [name]Dimitra[/name].

I agree with you guys. I just hadnt heard it before and couldnt shake the McDreamy association :roll:

Strange but true…in my previous post I stated that [name]Dempsey[/name] sounded like a boxing champion and when I told my mother about the name she said there actually was a boxer named [name]Jack[/name] [name]Dempsey[/name]! [name]How[/name] weird is that coincidence?