Describe Giselle

Could you please describe [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] to me?

I find it very romantic, unusual, but recognizable, soft, yet strong, princessy and short, frilly, cheerful name

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you agree with me on [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] description?
Would you use it?
What five attribute would you assign to [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], and what would you choose for middle? Would you choose [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] for middle name or first?

I adore [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]. :slight_smile: To me she’s sweet, feminine, lively and dainty. I imagine her to be beautiful, strong and soft-spoken. [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] is one of my top GP names, but that’s for a personal reason. I prefer [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] as a first name.

Thank you [name_f]Luneth[/name_f] I appreciate your response…

I totally agree with your description, that’s what I feel about the name too.

Pretty, strong, romantic, intellectual, gentle and kind

I prefer it as a first name because I like it so much, but it would be pretty as a middle name too

I always think of [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] as a ballerina name. A little frilly and romantic, but I like it because it seems to stay mostly under the radar despite being such a pretty name, i.e., didn’t get lumped in with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], and the like, which makes it feel a little eccentric.

I think I’d put it with anything as long as the middle wasn’t also super sweet. Something like [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] just seems too romantic to me.

I like [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], it has definitely grown on me. I agree with your description. I picture someone:

confident
outgoing/outspoken
lively
zealous
athletic
girly

I would rather see it as a first name than a middle name! Maybe something like:

[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Oriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Klara[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] Freyja
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]

It goes well with quite a lot of names, really.

Thank you all, gals. I think I will add [name_f]Kallista[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] to my list or even [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] to my list.

I totally agree with your description of [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]. She definitely feels like a bit of everything. (Princessy, Mystical, Romantic, etc.) I adore this name. It’s most likely a name I will probably use for a future kitty though. I don’t like it on a human especially in this generation. If this was 40 years ago it would be without a doubt my favorite baby name. I would probably pair it with [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. I love how royal they sound together, [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

When I think of [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], I think of a flighty, long-legged model or perhaps a princess, but I think that’s because of the movie Enchanted and also the famous VS model.

[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]'s attributes are

1. drop-dead gorgeous
  2. smart
  3. feminine
  4. can be known by her first name, which is classic but not usual.
  5. has tons of confidence

Agree with your description aside from the fact that I don’t think of it as a ‘short’ name besides the fact that’s it’s only two syllables, because it does have that nice nearly-frilly (but not definitively frilly) -elle ending. And, like a previous poster mentioned, a heavy ballet association for me, which in my opinion is a lovely one!

One of my all time favourite names, so naturally I had to give it to one of my daughters.

Here are my notes I gathered on the name [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] from various name books and online sources when I was pregnant:

• noble offspring, our princess
  • one who offers her pledge
  • European, rare, romantic, soft but with a zesty Z sound
  • a famous breathtaking and tragic ballet
  • a [name_m]French[/name_m] classic drenched in romantic glamour. It’s a famous ballet, an international supermodel, and even a Disney [name_f]Princess[/name_f]. Is that over the top? Remarkably, no. The name’s simple, demure style—swift as a gazelle—still outweighs all the glitz. In the World: Model [name_f]Gisele[/name_f] Bündchen; ballet [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]; [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] of Enchanted
  • International top supermodel
  • beautiful name, soft and feminine, exotic without being too frilly, sexy yet wholesome, simple yet elegant, all at once!

The two [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]’s I knew were very stylish, gorgeous, independent, strong women so I associate that with the name. I’ve just always loved it.