Desert themed names?

Hey there! I’ve lurked on Nameberry for ages and utilize the site frequently, but this is my first time actually posting, so I apologise if I mess anything up.

Anyway, I’m currently on the hunt for names of any gender that have a desert type feel to them and I was hoping you guys would have some suggestions for me.

So far I have-
[name_f]Arizona[/name_f]
[name_u]Dakota[/name_u]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]

The first five are desert names and the last one means sandy place/beach (not the same thing I know) in Turkish but also a nod to Karakum, Kyzylkum deserts
[name_f]Sahara[/name_f]
[name_f]Sahra[/name_f]
Sonoran
[name_m]Gibson[/name_m]
[name_m]Simpson[/name_m]
Kumsal

Saguaro
[name_u]Sequoia[/name_u]
[name_f]Gila[/name_f]
Bloom
[name_m]Rock[/name_m]/[name_m]Rocky[/name_m]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_m]Stone[/name_m]
[name_f]Sedona[/name_f]
[name_m]Yuma[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_m]Thorn[/name_m]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u]/[name_f]Sunshine[/name_f]
[name_u]Sandy[/name_u]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_u]Rain[/name_u]
[name_m]Reno[/name_m]
[name_u]Dusty[/name_u]
[name_m]Fox[/name_m]
[name_m]Clay[/name_m]
Agave

I thought of some more!
Ocotillo
Sunflower
Daisy (Wooly Daisy)
Cactus/Cacti
Poppy- (Prickly Poppy)
Pear- (Prickly Pear)
Feather

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names already! Maybe [name_u]Dune[/name_u]?

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]! Okay, I know it’s not what most people would associate with the desert but I automatically think of [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] trees when I hear the name. :smiley:

I lived in the [name_m]Mojave[/name_m] for a while so what makes me think “desert” might be vastly different from what makes you think “desert”.

[name_f]Sonora[/name_f] (for the Sonoran desert)
[name_f]Sedona[/name_f] (for the city in [name_f]Arizona[/name_f])
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] (for the city in [name_f]Arizona[/name_f])
[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] (part of the Sonoran desert)
[name_m]Yuma[/name_m] (part of the Sonoran desert)
Yuha (part of the Sonoran desert)
Trona (for the Trona Pinacles)
[name_f]Aster[/name_f] (the [name_m]Mojave[/name_m] aster plant)
[name_f]Anemone[/name_f] (the desert anemone)
[name_f]Senna[/name_f] (shrubby senna)
[name_m]Indio[/name_m] (for the [name_m]Indio[/name_m] Hills Palm State Reserve)
[name_f]Rosy[/name_f] (for the rosy boa)
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] (for the jackrabbit)
[name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] (for the [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] Caverns)

[name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to say this is a cool thread

I can’t believe nobody has suggested [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] yet? So, how about [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] lol?

I immediately thought of people or characters connected to the desert. It might be too vague, but these were my thoughts:

[name_m]Moses[/name_m] - doesn’t need introductions, right?
[name_m]Marco[/name_m] - [name_m]Polo[/name_m], crossed the [name_f]Silk[/name_f] Road.
[name_u]Antoine[/name_u] - de [name_m]Saint[/name_m] Exupéry, author of the [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_m]Prince[/name_m], that begins in a desert, and his lesser known work Wind, Sand and Stars.
[name_m]Rommel[/name_m] - the desert [name_m]Fox[/name_m]…not a great association.
[name_m]Set[/name_m] - Egyptian God associated with the desert.

[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f]- [name_m]Moses[/name_m]’ wife.
[name_f]Hester[/name_f]- Stanhope, a Victorian female adventurer who travelled through Syria.
[name_f]Gertrude[/name_f]- [name_u]Bell[/name_u], another adventurer and a linguist who travelled through Iraq.
[name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f]- needs no introduction.
[name_f]Daenerys[/name_f]- from A Song of Ice and [name_m]Fire[/name_m] + Game of Thrones, spends a great deal of time crossing fictional deserts and desertic civilizations.
[name_f]Sibylla[/name_f]- of Jerusalem.

I mean, @truenature’s names are quite deserty-themed I suppose, but also ocean-themed: Azula makes me think of a gorgeous desert sunset, and [name_f]Indira[/name_f] of a beautiful Middle Eastern desertscape, and Egyptian names like [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] naturally bring the golden [name_f]Sahara[/name_f] to mind. (Beautiful names btw!)