Desmond?

The search is winding down for baby brother’s name! We are down to two names that we really like (Hallelujah!) [name]Desmond[/name] is one of them and I need feedback! I like it because it sounds sophisticated and you get the adorable “[name]Des[/name]” as a nickname. My only concerns are that it may sound a little too “grownup” on a little boy. Thoughts on this name would be much appreciated!

I like [name]Desmond[/name]. I think it sounds grown up and mature, but the nickname [name]Des[/name] or Dessy would make it work on a child. Dizzy/Dessy is adorable.

[name]Desmond[/name] is the boy name we have picked out. I actually like the “grown-up” sound. He’s only going to be a child for a short period of time; the majority of his life, he will be an adult. I think it is much better to pick a sophisticated name for the later part of your child’s life than a cute name that suits him now. And the nns [name]Des[/name] and [name]Desi[/name] are adorable.

I love [name]Desmond[/name]! It’s on our short list too :slight_smile: I think it would be adorable on a little boy!

I love [name]Desmond[/name] and I think [name]Des[/name] or [name]Desi[/name] is such a cute nn. It would work great on a little boy, [name]IMO[/name].

Agree with pp, the nicknames would work perfect for his childhood and the full name perfect for when he’s an adult. I would love to meet a little boy named [name]Desmond[/name]!

My only nephew is named [name]Desmond[/name]. He is 10 months old and we do call him [name]Des[/name] or Dessy all the time. I love it. He gets comments on his name all the time too! It is a name he can use an a kid and an adult equally!

Yup, this is the name we’re using for our son, due this [name]June[/name]! Like many have commented, the name [name]Desmond[/name] sounds sophisticated and handsome, but the nicknames [name]Des[/name] and [name]Desi[/name] make it precious :). I also like that it’s not a name you hear everyday, but there’s also a sense of familiarity about it, like you’ve heard it before or like maybe you’ve known someone called this (even if you haven’t). Good choice! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the great feedback! Our other choice is [name]Calvin[/name], which we like for many of the same reasons we like [name]Desmond[/name]. (grows well, cute nicknames, not heard everyday…) I am just relieved we have narrowed the search down to two! Our first son’s name is [name]Jack[/name] and I think [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Cal[/name] or [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Des[/name] both have a nice ring to them :slight_smile:

[name]Desmond[/name] is one of my very favorite boy names. I had a boy a year ago and this name was in our final two as well (but we went with the other name). I just love this name and almost want another baby so I can have a little [name]Desi[/name]!

I quite like [name]Desmond[/name], but it’s not my favorite name. I think [name]Desi[/name] is the best part of it for a child.

I really don’t like this name. [name]Des[/name] is a cute nn though.

Im seven months pregnant now and my husband and I are still arguing about the names [name]Kyle[/name] or [name]Desmond[/name]. Im so inlove with the name [name]Desmond[/name]!! But we came down to first name [name]Kyle[/name], middlename [name]Desmond[/name]. Since there is no nickname for [name]Kyle[/name], im hoping we can still call him [name]Des[/name].

I love [name]Desmond[/name]. It was on the short-list for our third baby, but it turned out babe was a girl. I think it’s perfect!

Thanks, [name]Lori[/name]! I think most -er names pair well with [name]Desmond[/name], even though I dislike most occupational names.

[name]Homer[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Abner[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Caspar[/name]
[name]Mortimer[/name]
[name]Edgar[/name]
[name]Grover[/name]
[name]Leander[/name]
[name]Lysander[/name]