Devon for a girl?

Hello,
I recently started liking the name [name_u]Devon[/name_u] due to the model [name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_m]Aoki[/name_m], but I feel it might be too “masculine” for a girl, and based on the spelling, people would assume it’s a boy at first. This is the only spelling of the name I like, though. Please let me know your thoughts and what boy and girl names could go with it (not gender-neutral though).

I’ve actually known more girls with the name than boys! It feels perfectly neutral to me.

2 Likes

I definitely think [name_u]Devon[/name_u] (as well as Devin) absolutely works on both girls and boys! It feels like a true gender neutral name to me.

2 Likes

Devon is neutral to me! It’s a place name and it has sounds of Evelyn, Evan, Delilah/Della, Erin, Brighton, Stefan, etc. so for me it sounds lovely on a girl

Also seconding this - pretty sure I’ve only met a girl Devon!!

2 Likes

Adding that the [name_u]Devon[/name_u] spelling feels the most neutral to me. I’d initially assume [name_u]Devyn[/name_u] was a girl and [name_u]Devin[/name_u] was a boy, but I’ve known equal boys and girls named [name_u]Devon[/name_u] (spelled that way).

3 Likes

I would assume [name_u]Devon[/name_u] is a boy. Possible names to go with it: [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Mercedes[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_u]Wesley[/name_u].

1 Like

The only [name_u]Devon[/name_u] I know (this exact spelling) is a girl! Absolutely works. I’d assume a [name_u]Devon[/name_u] was a girl.

1 Like

I have a female family member named [name_u]Devon[/name_u], in her 40s, so I’d say yes it can be used!

1 Like

I think it can definitely be used for a girl. The only [name_u]Devon[/name_u] I’ve met was a girl and she spelled it [name_u]Devyn[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Ive[/name_u] met several girl Devons from young to 50ish yrs old, so it seems pretty gender neutral to me

1 Like

i think its great for a girl!

1 Like

I would prefer [name_f]Devonne[/name_f] for a girl but sure!

I only know girls named [name_u]Devon[/name_u]. Of all ages. Don’t know any boy Devons though i know it is supposedly gender neutral. I think it is pretty, i don’t find it too masculine at all.

I’ve heard of/seen the spelling of [name_u]Devon[/name_u] eith every vowel. It’s perfectly usable, but here is what I would assume by spellings:
[name_u]Devan[/name_u]: Either
[name_u]Deven[/name_u]: [name_f]Girl[/name_f]
[name_u]Devin[/name_u]: Either
[name_u]Devon[/name_u]: Either, but probably bot
Devun: [name_m]Boy[/name_m]
[name_u]Devyn[/name_u]: [name_f]Girl[/name_f]

[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Cait[/name_f]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Calista[/name_f]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Liana[/name_f]

Absolutely! I love the name but prefer the spelling [name_u]Devin[/name_u] so it is pronounced Dev-in instead of Dev-on, but that is just me.

I think [name_u]Devon[/name_u] on a girl is very cool. I follow a female creator on TT with this name - it was the first I’d heard of it, but I loved it real quick!

I’ve only ever heard of Devon/Devin that were girls. It is definitely gender neutral but it 100% works on a girl and I think it’s a really cool name for a girl!

Devon Lee Carlson? She’s the first girl I saw with the name, and it suits her so well!

I’m not sure about her last name. I think their account is called Hunter&Devon (or something like that).

1 Like

[name_u]Devon[/name_u] is a beautiful place, so would be a beautiful name for a little girl. How about [name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] (Devon flower). You could also have

[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_u]Lauren[/name_u]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Callista[/name_f]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] Isabel(lle(
[name_u]Devon[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

There are many beautiful names that would go with [name_u]Devon[/name_u]. Let us know what you choose!