Diana

I would like to know what Nameberryites think of the name [name]Diana[/name]. Personally, I like it: strong, lovely, and regal. But there are some problems. Can the name outlive its [name]Princess[/name] [name]Diana[/name] of [name]Wales[/name] connotation? And what about the only plausible nickname, [name]Di[/name]? Is [name]Diana[/name] better as a first name or middle name?

At first I didn’t really like the name but it is quite beautiful. I think it can outlive the [name]Princess[/name] [name]Di[/name] relation. One of my friends has a daughter named [name]Diana[/name]!

[name]Diana[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] would be beautiful!

[name]Hi[/name], there! I love [name]Diana[/name], too, and to me, it’s more [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables ([name]Diana[/name] was her best friend) than [name]Princess[/name] [name]Diana[/name]. Granted, it’s associated with [name]Princess[/name] [name]Diana[/name], too, but I don’t think she owns the name, if that makes any sense. I don’t think it would be like naming your baby “[name]Cher[/name],” for example.

I personally think [name]Diana[/name] is lovely as a first name, because it lends itself well to middle name combos so well. In the middle, I think [name]Diana[/name] works with first names ending in y, such as [name]Lily[/name] (extremely popular, though), [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Sophie[/name] (veeeery popular), etc.

[name]Diana[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Diana[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Diana[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Diana[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Diana[/name] Jospehine
[name]Diana[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Diana[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] (Kind of reminds me of [name]Diana[/name] [name]Ross[/name], though!)
[name]Diana[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Diana[/name] is one of my favorite names!

I know a girl named [name]Diana[/name]. I like it! It fits her, dainty yet strong, if that makes sense.

I think [name]Diana[/name] is a very pretty name. I have a first cousin whose mn is [name]Diana[/name] and she uses it as her name. I think you could use [name]Di[/name] or [name]Ana[/name] as a nn.

[name]Diana[/name]'s a great classic! I, too, think of [name]Diana[/name] [name]Berry[/name] of [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables, and the goddess [name]Diana[/name] before [name]Princess[/name] [name]Di[/name]. It’s versatile, familiar, not overused, pretty, strong, you name it. I think I would prefer something a little more unusual but have considered it seriously, as both DH and I like it.

I love the name [name]Diana[/name], and I do think of [name]Princess[/name] [name]Diana[/name], but she was really nice. I would be happy to have that name. [name]Diane[/name] is pretty, too, but not at all in style.

Thanks for your input, everyone.

I think that yes, for some people, the [name]Princess[/name] [name]Diana[/name] connection will be there. It is, however, more than 10 years since her death, and that connection will probably weaken all the time.