Difficult last name

Our last name is single syllable, begins with B and ends in K. So B**k. The thing is, I love short names, and I also love names that start with B. My concern is that when we actually have kids, the names I love will just not go well with our short and abrupt last name. Some examples of names I like include (please note that middle names are being left out):

[name]Beau[/name] Bk
[name]Beth[/name] B
k
[name]Brook[/name] Bk
[name]Bree[/name] B
k
[name]Bren[/name] Bk
Bridgid B
k
[name]Brock[/name] Bk
[name]Bette[/name] B
k

Middle names for boys would be [name]Adam[/name] or [name]Webster[/name] and for girls would be [name]Hilary[/name] (all family names)
[name]Do[/name] you berries think it matters using a short B name with a short B last name? Or does it just not sound right? Suggestions of similar names or ways of making these ones work would be awesome!

I would not choose a one syllable name to go with your last name. All the names you have listed with the exception of [name]Brigid[/name] (which I like) sound too harsh and abrupt. I think you can use a B name if you choose a longer name. I would be careful to choose a longer name that will not be shortened to a one syllable name - no [name]Bradley[/name] since he would most likely be called [name]Brad[/name].

I like alliteration…and I don’t mind the short name-short name combo. If you dislike it you could always do
[name]Beauregard[/name], [name]Bowen[/name]- for [name]Beau[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name] -for [name]Beth[/name] or [name]Bette[/name]
not sure about [name]Brook[/name]?
[name]Brielle[/name], [name]Brianna[/name]- for [name]Bree[/name]
[name]Brendan[/name] - for [name]Bren[/name]
ect

I would rule out names that start with B and end with K, so no [name]Brook[/name] or [name]Brock[/name]. I think a 2 syllable name would work best, like Bridgid. I think it is good that you are looking at the names without the middles. A middle name can’t “save” a tough first and last combo.
Maybe [name]Brycen[/name] or [name]Byron[/name] for a boy?

If you feel you have to use B names, make sure they are 2 syllable. Sometimes there are names that rhyme, that start with different letters that you might like!