Disappointed!

I just have to say how disheartening it has been to discover all the trolling that has come onto this forum. When we put together the Quarterly Reports, we take it on good faith that these are announcements of real babies–it’s almost impossible to try to discern which are and which aren’t without running the risk of excluding actual baby berries. I’ve decided not to do the multiples blog because even I, trusting as I am, can’t believe that unreal number of twins and triplets entered–though the twins are included in the Girls’ and Boys’ blogs.

I implore you all to keep it real–you can always post fantasy families on other forums where they’ll be accepted as such.

Thanks–and congrats again to all of that majority of parents who did choose those incredibly great names for their babies!!

[name_f]Linda[/name_f]

1 Like

I love reading the Quarterly Reports and I’m really sad that people would fake children just to get attention. I was really looking forward to reading the multiples report but knew that a lot of the multiple births would be fake… :frowning:

I also have to say congrats to the parents of the wonderfully named babies!

Completely agree. I actually commented on the report for boys with a link to one I KNOW to be false. Babyberry Roundup: The fourth quarterly report of 2012 | Nameberry is the report for 4th quarter 2012, in which my son is one of the two Felixes. The other one was announced in the newest report again! I remember feeling so worried that [name_m]Felix[/name_m] was rising faster than I had calculated. I deliberately chose a well known, little heard, easy to spell and pronounce name for my son that can be said in English and Spanish. There was a lot of thought and effort that went into choosing it. I don’t need him to be uniquely named, but it would be nice to see accurate data. When I posted my announcement, I even included photos. This authenticates my birth announcement.

Incredibly odd to me that people not only post false announcements, but that they RE-post them as well.

i think that if i posted my sons name people would think i was making it up, but i’m not, he has both an unusual first and middle name.

It’s a real shame that people fabricate so many sets of multiples… immediately casts doubt on those of us asking for help with legitimate sets of twins so that we have to play defence on this site. All the troll hunting that’s resulted from the volume of fakery has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, to be honest.

@teatime I think you’ll find that [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] and his twin sister [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] were born last [name_u]December[/name_u], but have been included in this quarter’s report by mistake, probably because someone commented on the thread in [name_u]August[/name_u].
Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums and I can’t seem to find another birth announcement anywhere with the same names…

I don’t doubt that there are people with fake little families floating around, but just be careful before you jump the gun. It would be a real shame to turn away a real mother because she is being accused of being fake when she hasn’t done nothing wrong at all :slight_smile:

it’s so pointless why would anybody do that…just why?

It’s disappointing isn’t it [name_f]Linda[/name_f]? Like you said, there’s no need for people to create fictional children, as plenty of people (like me!) on these boards don’t have children and are a long way from doing so!

If people want to create fake children, post it in the name games. That’s what they’re for!

[name_m]How[/name_m] does one know when someone is trolling? :frowning: the oddity of the name/s?

Sometimes that but also their posting style and inconsistencies in their story.

Yes I agree [name_f]Linda[/name_f] it is very disheartening and I hope that anyone considering making up a fake baby or family think again, there is plenty of scope on nameberry to talk about names and future baby’s names without coming to nameberry and being a fake.

rollo

So true. It’s not so much the huge families and multiples it’s the inconsistencies in the posts. In [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] anyway it’s highly unusual and improbable to have 5+ kids under the age of 10. Maybe overseas that is normal. Some names I just don’t bother commenting on if you know what I mean.

I agree! Thank you for bringing this up, [name_f]Linda[/name_f].

I totally agree with casilda. There’s not point in making up fake children.

[name_f]Linda[/name_f] (and [name_f]Pam[/name_f]), is there some way to “filter out” the trolls? Maybe post a picture of the baby(s) hospital bracelets with their names on it? Block IP addresses that have trolled? There has to be some way to keep this site beautiful and troll-free! :frowning:

I don’t think we could do hospital bracelets because usually I think they would have the baby’s surname on it? I know another user was saying this previously like you could write the baby’s name on a piece of paper and put it next to the baby and take a picture.

@[name_u]Tali[/name_u]: [name_u]True[/name_u]. I like the idea about the piece of paper next to the baby.

I like the idea of taking a picture of baby’s feet with a sock on only one foot and the baby’s name written on a scrap of paper next to the other foot. The sock on one foot makes it more troublesome for people who would otherwise just go find random pictures of babies’ feet and photoshop a scrap of paper with the name into the photo. Also, when it’s just the feet, parents who aren’t comfortable posting pictures online aren’t actually “revealing” their baby. Then again, it’s also very sad that we’d have to resort to something like that.

Some people give birth at home :smiley:

Anyway - hear hear, [name_f]Linda[/name_f].