Dixie Ruth?

What are your opinions about [name]Dixie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]?

Unfortunately poor… I wouldn’t give a girl a name with [name]Dix[/name]…Dicks… in it. No way.

I think it very cute. The librarian at my elementary school had the name [name]Dixie[/name].

I love the name [name]Dixie[/name]. But I would never be brave enough to use it on a real child. Also, it might not be serious enough for an adult to use in her career. I think [name]Ruth[/name] [name]Dixie[/name] would be perfect!

[name]Dixie[/name] isn’t my style, but I wouldn’t hate it. That said, it’s essentially impossible to find middles for. Or, more accurately, a girl with [name]Dixie[/name] as a first name should hope to never use her middle. [name]Dixie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] sounds like a descriptive nickname, like, say, Boxcar [name]Willie[/name]. Not that it sounds like a hobo, mind you.

Now that I think about it, [name]Dixie[/name] (any last name) sounds like exactly the same sort of nickname. And that isn’t altogether bad. I think it’s unlikely to get a nickname because it already sounds like one. A dated nickname, yes. But almost enviably dated.

Use it if you don’t mind a name that sounds like a “character” (don’t know a better way to put what I’m thinking).

Too nickname-y for me. It’s hard to envision a grown woman named [name]Dixie[/name].

I personally love the name [name]Dixie[/name]. Some celebrity has a young daughter named this and he wrote an article about her playing in the pool with a bunch of older boys and I think they were mean to her and she ended up yelling at them until they backed off. I looked for the article but I can’t find it, it’s what made me love the name [name]Dixie[/name], this kid seemed like a spitfire!

I have the same concerns as others about the nicknamey feel, but lots of nickname names are popular now. It may depend on where you’re from, but I wouldn’t think of [name]Dixie[/name] as descriptive. My biggest worry with [name]Dixie[/name] is the “[name]Dix[/name]” part… though I’m not sure that would actually be an issue… maybe. It’s not like that’s what people think of when they think of [name]Dixie[/name] Cups or [name]Dixie[/name] [name]Land[/name]. Not sure.

I love the [name]Dixie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] combo, I think the two names really balance each other out nicely.

Some names similar to [name]Dixie[/name]:
*[name]Nixie[/name] (could be a nickname for any of the [name]Nic[/name]- names, but I prefer it alone)
[name]Trixie[/name] (nn for [name]Beatrix[/name])
Pixie (nn for almost any P name, I think)
*[name]Moxie[/name]
[name]Maxie[/name]
Bixby (could also be a nn for [name]Beatrix[/name])
[name]Roxy[/name]/[name]Roxie[/name] ([name]Roxana[/name])

These would all make cute nicknames for any name starting with that letter, they sort of remind me of the “X” nicknames.
[name]Bebe[/name]
Cici
[name]Didi[/name]
[name]Fifi[/name]
[name]Gigi[/name]
Juju
[name]Kiki[/name]
[name]Mimi[/name]
[name]Vivi[/name]
[name]Zizi[/name]

I really love the name [name]Dixie[/name], but would worry about the abuse at school.