Django?

A middle name suggestion from my other half. It has significance because we both love [name]Django[/name] [name]Reinhardt[/name] and I walked up the aisle to one of his songs, but what do you think of the name?

From what I understand, the D is silent, but is the J sound a hard J (like the J in “joy”), or is it a soft J, with the zh sound? (I’m pronouncing it as “jane-go.”)

I think pronunciation issues may arise, but I don’t personally see any harm in using it as a middle name. (I wouldn’t recommend it as a first name, though, because of pronunciation problems.) :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I agree with [name]Jill[/name] that it make a better middle name than a first because of pronunciation issues. What other names do you like that might work with [name]Django[/name] as middle name?

In my opinion, the middle spot is the perfect place to use the names that you love and have significance to you that you perhaps wouldn’t be brave enough to use as a first name :slight_smile:

There is a country singer named [name]Django[/name] [name]Walker[/name]. Thats what it reminds me of.

A great middle name choice! I have the same musician association as you do.

Okay I was clueless as to who [name]Django[/name] [name]Reinhardt[/name] is. I honestly thought the name was made up. I stand corrected. I’m very impressed with his music, it is right up my alley. If you’ve never heard of [name]Raymond[/name] [name]Scott[/name] go look him up, you may like his music too.
I looked up [name]Django[/name] here on Nameberry and the meaning says “I awake”. [name]How[/name] cool is that!? Now that I’m enlightened I’m still not sure I 100% support as a first name. Here is why - 1: pronunciation issues or the nn DJ 2: I think of Jango Fett from [name]Star[/name] Wars (I’m a dork). Alright all that said I 85% support it as a first name and 100% support it as a middle name.

Off to check out more [name]Django[/name] [name]Reinhardt[/name] music. :slight_smile:

I love this name, I actually considered it for a first name, but decided against it. I think it makes a great middle name though, especially if it has significance to you personally. It’s charming and different : )

I think people have said it all! I really like it but like others I think it may be better suited as a middle name, simply because of pronunciation issues and it is quite out-there. It definitely has charm though:)