Do you like Olivia?

Hi berries! I’ve been wondering about this for awhile. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]’s one of my guilty pleasures, given its popularity, but I was wondering your opinions. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the name? [name_u]Truly[/name_u], I think it’s lovely, but I’m so curious? Thanks, [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]

1 Like

Not really. I much prefer [name_f]Livia[/name_f], [name_f]Livvy[/name_f], or [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. I usually prefer the simpler versions of names though.

3 Likes

Personally I don’t like it but I see it’s appeal

4 Likes

I love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]! The nickname “[name_f]Liv[/name_f]” is a great reminder to quite literally live. I love it’s liveliness and the history behind the name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Very elegant!

2 Likes

I don’t mind [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but as previous posters have said I prefer [name_f]Livia[/name_f].

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’d say I love it, but I do think it’s lovely and I love the meaning behind it. Also, the connection to the Law & Order: SVU character, [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_m]Benson[/name_m] has saved it for me, as she’s been a part of my life for a good 6 years and I love her and what her character stands for.

2 Likes

I see that many people are saying they prefer [name_f]Livia[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f], and I would like to record that I’m the exact opposite. I don’t see the appeal of [name_f]Livia[/name_f] or [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and much prefer [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] to them.

And, I forgot to mention! [name_f]Alivia[/name_f] would be a more uncommon alternative to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], if you would be more interested in that. I think it’s also a lovely name.

1 Like

I also like this name. Popularity doesn’t phase me as much as others. My name was #3 the year I was born, given to 20,000+ babies. In elementary school, I only knew 1 other; high school there were no others; college there was 1 other I met in my year.

I think this influences my opinion. I’d rather use a name very popular like Olivia, that doesn’t have as many variations, then one with multiple variations that are popular, like Ella, Bella, Stella or Emma, Emily, Emmaline, Emilia, Emery.

I’ve met more than 2 Samantha’s, but it never felt as overwhelming as the numerous Emma/Emily’s, Allie’s, Kristina/Christina/Krista’s.

Not crazy about Livy or Liv. I would prefer Olive, Ollie, or plain “V” for a nickname.

Name associations. I know some Olivia’s my age that are rather unpleasant. But there are many young Olivia’s who are sweethearts. With a name that popular there’s bound to be a mix of good and bad in the bunch.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]! It’s been a huge favorite from the past decade. I have quite a few Olivers and Olivias in my life now, so I’m not sure I could use it anymore, but still adore it… I love that it reminds me of my favorite [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] play, Twelfth [name_u]Night[/name_u], too! I also like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and the [name_u]French[/name_u] Olivie, but not to the extent that I love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. :heart:

1 Like

It’s not one of my favorites, but I do prefer it over [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and overall I think it’s a rather nice name!:blush:

1 Like

I never really liked it, and was surprised when it became so popular.

1 Like

I like it! It’s a nice name.

1 Like

It’s a great name, but I really don’t like it.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Liv[/name_f] on it’s own but [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] isn’t my fave. It’s a good name though

1 Like

I’m bias but I love the name due to the association with my niece :sweat_smile: It’s too popular so I would never use it and I prefer the just as popular [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]! I like [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] variation as that’s the Spanish equivalent and I tend to prefer Spanish names the most!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. We had it on our long list for our first daughter, with the nickname [name_f]Liv[/name_f].

1 Like

Yes! I’ve always really liked [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] though I’m mainly partial towards it because it’s my middle name so I may be a little bias! I will say that I like having it more as a middle name than I think I would as a first name but that’s got more to do with popularity of the name than the likability.

1 Like

Not at all. I like [name_f]Alivia[/name_f] slightly more, but I just really don’t like the name.

1 Like

I defenitely love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but it’s being in the number one spot makes it a definate no-no for me. I also love [name_f]Olive[/name_f], but for some reason I hate [name_f]Livia[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] because I just hear the word liver. I love it, but it’s completely unusable for me.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]! I think it’s so gente and elegant and pleasant to the ear. I honestly don’t care about the popularity and will consider using it.

1 Like