Do you like Rex Colton or Reece Colton better for a boy?

Our lil guy is due in [name]September[/name] and I wanted to take a poll to see which name gets better feedback. We have a 3 yr. old son named [name]Hans[/name] [name]Austin[/name] [name]Randall[/name] and are having a hard time picking out our 2nd sons name since our 1st one is named after my husband.

Thank you for your help everyone!

Out of the two I like [name]Rex[/name] [name]Colton[/name] more. [name]Reece[/name] doesn’t have the same feel as [name]Hans[/name] and [name]Rex[/name] to me.

• anon.

I initially thought I liked [name]Reece[/name] best, but I agree with the previous poster…I think [name]Rex[/name] goes well with [name]Hans[/name]!

I prefer [name]Rex[/name] [name]Colton[/name]. I think it flows better.

I personally think [name]Reece[/name] [name]Colton[/name] goes well with [name]Hans[/name], too, but, um, how do you pronounce it? Like [name]Rees[/name]? Or [name]Rees[/name]-ay? [name]Rees[/name]-ee? [name]Hans[/name] and [name]Rex[/name] sounds good, too, though. Good luck! niki72 :slight_smile: !!

[name]Rex[/name]

[name]Rex[/name]! [name]Reese[/name] is more unisex whereas [name]Hans[/name] and [name]Rex[/name] are very masculine. Plus, I just love that [name]Rex[/name] is more unexpected.

I like both [name]Rex[/name] and [name]Reece[/name]. I prefer [name]Reece[/name] spelled [name]Rhys[/name] since it seems less feminine to me and less associated with peanut butter cups or [name]Reese[/name] Witherspoon :slight_smile: I think with [name]Hans[/name] though I prefer [name]Rex[/name]. [name]Rex[/name] [name]Colton[/name] is very nice. My only concern is that the “cks” sound in [name]Rex[/name] runs into the hard “C” in [name]Colton[/name]. Something like [name]Rex[/name] [name]Holden[/name] or [name]Rex[/name] [name]Weston[/name] would flow nicely, but if [name]Colton[/name] has significance you should still use it!

I like both, but want to mention that although some may think that [name]Reece[/name] is too feminine I think that it’s great for a boy (if gender confusion is an issue you might consider spelling it [name]Rhys[/name]).

I agree with the comments about spelling [name]Reece[/name] a different way. [name]Rhys[/name] is much more masculine to me. I’d be inclined to think [name]Reece[/name] was a girl seeing the name on paper.

I think either [name]Rex[/name] or [name]Rhys[/name] go well with [name]Hans[/name], but if I had to choose I guess I’d give a slight edge to [name]Rex[/name] (although I also agree that [name]Rex[/name] works better with [name]Holden[/name] or [name]Weston[/name] than [name]Colton[/name]).

Wow, definitely [name]Rex[/name]! Superb name. Has a really excellent history as well–British male monarchs sign their name with [name]Rex[/name] (queens use [name]Regina[/name]) to signify that their mortal body, [name]Henry[/name] VIII for example, is connected to the immortal body of the ruling throne. This is why people say “[name]Long[/name] live the [name]King[/name]” when a king dies. It doesn’t make sense if you don’t know that they are keeping the ruling throne body alive by saying it until the next mortal body connects to it. [name]Rex[/name]/[name]Regina[/name] signifies the divine half of a king/queen.

Therefore, [name]Rex[/name] definitely wins out over [name]Reece[/name]!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Reece[/name]! Also like the spelling of [name]Rhys[/name].

Good luck!

Hiya I love [name]Rex[/name] think it goes great with [name]Hans[/name] :slight_smile: