Do you like the name Jocelyn?

I still can’t decide on a name for my baby because every day I find a new one…
Today I’ve been thinking about [name]Jocelyn[/name]. I used to like this name a lot a couple of years ago but I would like to know your opinion.

A few years ago I thought about naming my baby [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name]… I know [name]Rose[/name] is to common so I would probably go with another mn.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]! I would love to use it, but I like my other names much more.

Here’s some middles I like with it:

[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Faye[/name]/[name]Fay[/name]/[name]Fae[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Rain[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Elaine[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Arianna[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Eve[/name]

I like [name]Jocelyn[/name]. It’s very soft and pretty and not overused, but is familiar at the same time.

I like [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. So what if [name]Rose[/name] is a common mn? She probably wouldn’t go around and say “My name is [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name].”

I say go for [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name], or maybe [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Elyse[/name].

• [name]Bets[/name] of [name]Luck[/name] to You!

I love it! Several months ago I had seriously considered adding [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Winter[/name] [name]Kate[/name], nn [name]Joss[/name], to my list. I still really love it.

I love the name, but prefer the medieval spelling [name]Joselin[/name].

[name]Jocelyn[/name]/[name]Joselin[/name] is beautiful :slight_smile: I love the nick name [name]Josie[/name].

I really like [name]Jocelyn[/name]. I considered it for my Top Ten, but it’s too similar to [name]Jessamyn[/name], which I like better. It’s also been a guilty pleasure boy’s name for me since I read [name]Elizabeth[/name] Goudge’s novel “A City of Bells.” The protagonist is a young soldier sent home after being wounded, who has to find a purpose in life since his military career is over–and his name is [name]Jocelyn[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t let that spoil it as a girl’s name for you, though. It was used in medieval times as a male name, but I’m not really whining about the girls “stealing” it. To our ears now, it sounds very soft and feminine.
Congratulations and best wishes!

I love the name [name]Jocelyn[/name] because of soul singer [name]Joss[/name] [name]Stone[/name]. Her full name is [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Eve[/name] :slight_smile:

I do think it has a pretty sound, but for some reason it has a dated feel to me. I seem to be alone in this, so maybe it’s just me! I think I read a book in jr hi with a character with that name, so it feels like the 90s to me bc of that. Like I said tho, it is pretty!

Exactly how I feel…so you’re not alone. Pretty, but has a dated feel too it. [name]Love[/name] the NN [name]Joss[/name] though!

It feels very dated to me, sorry - do not like. :frowning:

i’m not crazy about [name]Jocelyn[/name]. i like the lyn ending but thats it. not sure why, but it doesn’t seem to have that extra something special, to my ears at least. i had an incredibly nice, fun friend named [name]Jocelyn[/name], but still was never one of my favorite names.

I think it’s pretty but it’s also dated for me. I’m not sure why, maybe because the only [name]Jocelyn[/name] I’ve known is 20 now. other than that, [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a pretty combo!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]. My favourite combo would be [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Eve[/name], just like [name]Joss[/name] [name]Stone[/name]. But I do think [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is pretty.
I like the nn [name]Josie[/name] or [name]Celine[/name].

[name]Jocelyn[/name] isn’t my favorite, but then again, I really don’t like many names that end with the “lyn” sound (except maybe the French pronunciation of [name]Jacqueline[/name]). [name]Jocelyn[/name] doesn’t sound very feminine, [name]IMO[/name].

I really don’t like this name at all. It sounds very dated to me, and it just has an ugly sound to it. The -lyn makes it seem like it’s trying to be trendy but the jos- bit doesn’t sound feminine at all to me. I don’t know, there’s just something about it which makes it feel awful. It’s one of those names I really don’t know why it’s come back into fashion because it isn’t pretty to me at all.

My name is [name]Jocelyn[/name] and I have always loved it. I rarely have to spell it out for people, which I love, and I have only ever met one other [name]Jocelyn[/name]. I get called [name]Joss[/name], or [name]Jossie[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

It’s cute. Not really my style, but it’s pretty. My cousin is a [name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] (she’s 5) and goes by [name]JoJo[/name], which is even cuter. The only other [name]Jocelyn[/name] I know is in her late teens and is very ‘upper-class’.

I think [name]Jocelyn[/name] is very pretty and I’m surprised I don’t see it more often here on NB, since it’s ranked kind of high on the US list.