do you like the name 'Miley' or 'Destiny' ...

do you? do you think miley cyrus (destiny was her birth name) ruined them?

wt do you like aboout the name?
does anyoen no wt the name miley means?

ty

[name]Miley[/name] is a variation of a Hebrew name meaning “virtuous woman”. One of my daughters was named [name]Destiny[/name]. She died at birth. Most people here at nameberry and elsewhere consider it “trashy, stripperish-sounding” at worst and “too trendy” at best. However, I loved it when I picked it for her and I still love it just as much almost 9 years later. I don’t think [name]Miley[/name] has ruined either [name]Miley[/name] or [name]Destiny[/name] for good. She is having her moment in the sun, but all things come to an end eventually. She will be replaced by some other young star soon enough I suppose.

I was under the impression that [name]Miley[/name] was an invented name, but it’s interesting to know it may have Hebrew roots!

[name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] call it a “Modern Invented Name,” and here’s what they wrote: “This year’s overnight success name, thanks to [name]Hannah[/name] [name]Montana[/name] actress and singer [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name]. [name]Miley[/name] was a childhood nickname (because she was so smiley); [name]Destiny[/name] is her real name.”

I remember hearing that her dad shortened her “Smiley” nickname to “[name]Miley[/name].”

Unie, I’m so sorry about your baby girl… :frowning:

Take care!

Yes [name]Destiny[/name] is a beautiful name , My daughter is 11 years old and her name is [name]Destiny[/name] and when people meet her they say wow she really fit’s her name , she very generous,kind hearted and always smiley like nothing can get her down she very popular and friendly as well, She very strong minded a leader not a follower know what she want’s.

Thank you [name]Jill[/name]. One of my baby name books identifies [name]Miley[/name] as a variant of Mili which is supposed to be Hebrew. Can anyone else verify this.

I dislike both [name]Miley[/name] and [name]Destiny[/name]. I do think that [name]Destiny[/name] is trendy, (no offense to anyone!) but the creative spellings are the worst. I believe I’m related to a [name]Destiny[/name] that’s name is spelt awfully, though I can’t remember it now…
[name]Miley[/name] is far too [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] for me; but I doubt that connection will last. [name]Miley[/name] is very trendy in my opinion, and I just don’t find it very attractive in the first place. Good luck! (:

Forget these names and if you like [name]Miley[/name] as a nn use [name]Emilia[/name] as her formal name.

im so sorry. destiny is a lovly name. im not to seen at miley at the moment. but sitll. thnx all!