Do you like the name Polly?

Thoughts on the name [name_f]Polly[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the name?

Thank you

Thanks for the responses I agree the majority of you I prefer as a nickname. I have Penelope and I really love the suggestion of Polly as a nickname for Penelope it’s really sweet

I love [name_f]Polly[/name_f] (though I may be a bit biased since it was my dog’s name). But it’s such an underused gem, and i would love to hear it more often

I like it as a nickname for [name_f]Apolline[/name_f] or [name_f]Paloma[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Polly[/name_f] but prefer it as a nickname because its very cutesy (I may think it’s a bit cutesy because of [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pockets but I don’t consider that as a negative association). For me, [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] feels more like a standalone. However I like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn [name_f]Polly[/name_f] more than [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]… and I adore [name_f]Pauline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Polly[/name_f].

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I like it. It has a kind, sweet vintage feel. I think it’s fine on its own, but also love it as a nn for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].

[name_f]Polly[/name_f] is so sweet and peppy! I could see it as a full name, or nn.

[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Paula[/name_f]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Apollonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Petronella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Philomena[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Polly[/name_f], either as a standalone name or a NN for [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f]. It also makes me think of [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pocket but I don’t think that’s really a bad association!

I really like it both as as standalone name or as a nickname

No, I’m not a fan. But it could be a nn for [name_f]Olympia[/name_f].

I wasn’t a huge fan of it when I was younger, but it’s grown on me more recently. I heard the combo ‘[name_f]Polly[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]’ about a year ago, and that really sealed the deal for me. I wouldn’t say it’s one of my top ten names, but it comes in the ranking somewhere, even if it is mostly a GP.

[name_f]Polly[/name_f] is cute and quirky- I like it

A sweet name, just not my favourite. Can’t shake the [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pocket association off my mind.

I find [name_f]Polly[/name_f] sweet and endearing, but too simple to completely love. I like it very much as a nickname for a longer name though.

[name_f]Polly[/name_f] is charming! It would be such an unexpected choice for a girl today, yet it’s familiar and feels like a great alternative to the more common [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], and [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

Yes! I have recently fallen in love with it, especially because of The Magician’s Nephew!