Do you prefer Alice or Elise?

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer and why?

Respondents: 78 (This poll is closed)

• Alice : 49 (63%)
  • Elise: 29 (37%)

I love reading and classical music so both of these names are wonderful. I’m going to have to choose [name_f]Alice[/name_f] though for a couple of reasons: (1) I grew up reading [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland and (2) [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is my middle name. OK, I’m biased! :slight_smile:

I much prefer [name_f]Alice[/name_f]!

It feels classic and simple and lovely.

[name_f]Elise[/name_f] feels like a nickname that nobody knows how to spell. ([name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Elyse[/name_f], [name_f]Alyse[/name_f], [name_f]Alise[/name_f], [name_f]Ellise[/name_f], [name_f]Elysse[/name_f], [name_f]Alysse[/name_f], [name_f]Ellyse[/name_f], [name_f]Elisse[/name_f], Aleese, [name_f]Elize[/name_f], [name_f]Elease[/name_f], Alese, [name_f]Allyse[/name_f], [name_f]Aleece[/name_f], [name_f]Elyce[/name_f], [name_f]Ellyce[/name_f], [name_u]Elice[/name_u], Alisse, [name_f]Ilyse[/name_f], [name_f]Alease[/name_f])

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] isn’t a bad name, but I’ve always preferred [name_f]Elise[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I much prefer [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. Its sweet, spunky, and classic. I feel [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is crazy trendy and like previously pointed out, has a lot of different spellings.

I think [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. [name_f]Elise[/name_f] just makes me think of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], which is one of my favorite names, so it pales in comparison.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]. As other people have stated, there are a lot of variations of [name_f]Elise[/name_f] floating around now, and that isn’t something I like much. I do have two close friends with [name_f]Elise[/name_f] as their middle name, though, and I’ve considered using it as an honor name in the middle spot.

I really can’t decide, but I voted for [name_f]Elise[/name_f].

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]. It feels sweeter to me, and I had a very dear friend with that name. [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is beautiful, but I’ve known a couple of not-so-nice ones.

I voted for [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. It just seems more classic, sweet and spunky. [name_f]Elise[/name_f] seems a little blah to me as a first name. It works well as a middle name, though.

[name_f]Elise[/name_f]… I just always liked [name_f]El[/name_f]- names and though [name_f]Alice[/name_f] has a great namesake and is classic… I just never cared for the name.

I like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] better as a first name and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] better as a middle name.

Thank you :stuck_out_tongue: More?

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] has a sweetness to it and some spunk!

[name_f]Elise[/name_f] feels more modern and feminine to me… [name_f]Alice[/name_f] will always remind me of the housekeeper on the [name_u]Brady[/name_u] Bunch!! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]. It’s far more timeless.

While [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is a gorgeous classic I find the ending a bit hissy sounding. And thus would only personally consider it as a mn.
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] is softer all the way around.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]! It was supposed to be my name but thanks to my dad I got [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]…

I never understood the attraction of [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. [name_f]Elise[/name_f] is much prettier and more girly to me.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] is one my favorite names! It has the sweet feminine feel that is my favorite for little girls. I also like [name_f]Elise[/name_f], but not near as well.

I love them both, but [name_f]Elise[/name_f] wins today.