Do you pronounce Cary, Carey, Carrie, Kerry the same?

if not, how do you say each of them?

1 Like

I pronounce them all the same! Cair-ee.

[name_f]Edit[/name_f]: I’m from the US.

1 Like

I pronounce them the same too!

1 Like

I pronounce them all the same, like the word “carry.” (I’m a [name_f]Carrie[/name_f], btw.)

ETA: I’m in [name_u]Texas[/name_u], USA.

1 Like

For me, [name_u]Cary[/name_u], [name_u]Carey[/name_u], and [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] are the same. K-ah(A as in alligator)-ree

[name_u]Kerry[/name_u] is k-eh(E as in elephant)-ree.

*I’m from [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_m]York[/name_m], USA, if that makes a difference

1 Like

I pronounce [name_u]Cary[/name_u], [name_u]Carey[/name_u], and [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] the same. I’ve only seen [name_u]Kerry[/name_u] pronounced like [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] (with r’s instead of l’s of course!)

I pronounce them differently

[name_u]Cary[/name_u]/[name_u]Carey[/name_u] (Care-ree)
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f] (Cah-ree - cah as in the ah sound of apple)
[name_u]Kerry[/name_u] (Keh-ree - shorter sound at the beginning)

1 Like

I say them all the same as @Greyblue!

I start by saying that I am British, so that might change the pronunciation slightly. I say [name_u]Carey[/name_u] and [name_u]Cary[/name_u] as ‘care-ee’, [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] as ‘carry’, and [name_u]Kerry[/name_u] as ‘Keh-ree’

I say [name_u]Cary[/name_u] and [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] the same way: CAH-ree (rhymes with marry)

[name_u]Carey[/name_u] is CAIR-ee (rhymes with [name_f]Mary[/name_f])

[name_u]Kerry[/name_u] rhymes with merry.

I’m from [name_f]England[/name_f].

Ditto @katinka

[name_f]Carrie[/name_f] - rhymes with marry
[name_u]Kerry[/name_u] - rhymes with berry
[name_u]Carey[/name_u] - like the word “care” + “ee”, i.e. [name_m]Jim[/name_m] [name_u]Carrey[/name_u]
[name_u]Cary[/name_u] - not sure, maybe like [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] or maybe like [name_u]Carey[/name_u]

Also from [name_f]England[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I’m [name_f]English[/name_f], which will make a difference but I pronounce [name_u]Cary[/name_u] and [name_u]Carey[/name_u] the same, but the rest differently.

[name_u]Cary[/name_u]/[name_u]Carey[/name_u] - Kair-ree (like air with a K)
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f] - Ka-ree (like the ‘ca’ of cat/same pronunciation as carry)
[name_u]Kerry[/name_u] - keh-ree (rhymes with merry/short ‘eh’ sound)

ETA basically the same as @floatinthesky and @katinka

I say them all the same.

I pronounce [name_u]Cary[/name_u] and [name_u]Carey[/name_u] the same, but [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] I pronounce Kah-ree, and [name_u]Kerry[/name_u] I pronounce Keh-ree

edit: same as a few other posters :slight_smile:

I say them all the same. The only spelling I would say differently is [name_u]Kari[/name_u], in which case I pronounce it as carr-ee.

I’m in the US.

1 Like

[name_u]Cary[/name_u] & [name_u]Carey[/name_u] - ca-ree
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f] - Cah-ree
[name_u]Kerry[/name_u] - Keh-ree

I pronounce them all the same! Typically “keh-ree” (e as in elephant), but I may change it from time to time. I’m from Michigan in the US, and I think most people here say “kair-ree.”

I am highly interested in hearing the accents of people who pronounce these names differently, so if anyone feels like it, feel free to send an audio file to the SoundCloud account that I created for Berries!

Username: NB Berries
Login: nbnamefans@gmail.com
Password: n@mesRc00l

I pronounce them all the same. Rhymes with [name_f]Mary[/name_f]/[name_f]Merry[/name_f]/[name_f]Marry[/name_f]/[name_u]Berry[/name_u]/[name_m]Larry[/name_m]/[name_u]Gary[/name_u]/etc.
I live in Midwestern United States.

1 Like

I’m exactly the same as @anon73451839 I imagine Australians and Brits pronounce them like this and Americans pronounce them all the same way.

^This is me too. From NZ.