Do you think Mae or Maeve is a stronger name?

Can’t decide whether or not to go with [name]Mae[/name] or [name]Maeve[/name]…I think [name]Maeve[/name] might be stronger sounding and we could use “mae” as a nickname. Any ideas?

I do think that [name]Maeve[/name] is stronger, but [name]Mae[/name] sounds much sweeter to me!

I think [name]Maeve[/name] is stronger because of its uniqueness

I think [name]Maeve[/name] is definitely the best choice, because as you said you can use [name]Mae[/name] as a nickname but you can also use [name]Eve[/name] as a nickname. Plus, [name]Maeve[/name] is just beautiful :slight_smile:

My oldest daughter is named [name]Maeve[/name], so I’m a bit partial. Her nickname given to her by her younger siblings is [name]Mae[/name]-[name]Mae[/name]. In preschool her friends gave her the nickname ‘Maevey Gravey’. I know, really silly- but it used to put the biggest smile on her face. She has now outgrown that… Her only peeve about her name is that it gets mispronounced a lot ([name]Mauve[/name]), but it is my fave name!

Good luck!

My great grandmother’s name was [name]Mae[/name] and she lived to be very old & in her old age was still gardening like crazy. [name]Mae[/name] to me (because I am bias) seems very strong. [name]Mae[/name] will be in the name of our next daughter somewhere (middle, first, unsure).